Page 1 of 3
The legendary musician, Jimi Hendrix spent his last day on planet Earth.

Tomorrow my day shall be filled with his music, so he may live on inside my portable CD player! Also, i'll be posting a dedicated Red House tribute in the spirit of the great master.

Any Hendrix fans in the pit?
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Sep 17, 2010,
Well sir... even though I'm going to see the Wall Live tomorrow you've inspired me to fill today with Mr. Hendrix's music... LET HIM LIVE ON THROUGH MY TURNTABLE!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by Alkaline 64
Tomorrow my day shall be filled with his music, so he may live on inside my portable CD player!

Tomorrow my day will be filled with sleeping and college football, so I may live on til next week!
Quote by SFosterS
Well sir... even though I'm going to see the Wall Live tomorrow you've inspired me to fill today with Mr. Hendrix's music... LET HIM LIVE ON THROUGH MY TURNTABLE!

YOU BASTARD!!!!

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!
I love Hendrix, I will play air guitar non stop on a broomstick at my work tomorrow in honor of this great man.
Today is September 17th. He died on September 18th. His last day was tomorrow, son.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Today is September 17th. He died on September 18th. His last day was tomorrow, son.

But there's 24 hours in a day... I'm aware of the date of his death, son.
Quote by Alkaline 64
But there's 24 hours in a day... I'm aware of the date of his death, son.

Yes, but technically it is still the day before his last day. His last day wasn't a full day because he died before it was over.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by Alkaline 64
The legendary musician, Jimi Hendrix spent his last day on planet Earth.

Wow, he was a musician and an astronaut? Impressive.
Am I the only person that thinks Jimi was overrated to high hell?

I mean.. Can't we all just focus on life and NEW artists instead of miserably remembering the dead ones and placing them on gigantic pedestals?
Quote by Bearded_Seth

I mean.. Can't we all just focus on life and NEW artists instead of miserably remembering the dead ones and placing them on gigantic pedestals?

Yes, it's a damn shame that we take a moment of our time to mourn the loss of a great musician that influenced many people.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yes, but technically it is still the day before his last day. His last day wasn't a full day because he died before it was over.

Whatever, i don't want to start a debate. I just want more of this.
Quote by Bearded_Seth

Respect is the key word here. Jimi is the reason a lot of artists started playing rock music and he's still influencing people to this today. We owe him a lot of respect for that.
I love Jimmy Hendrix. Probably my biggest musical influence. He will be in my mind both today and tomorrow.
Good idea.
I shall do the same.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Bearded_Seth

If you don't like Hendrix's music, that's completely fine, but no-one gives a shit. If you're denying the influence he had, you're a moron, and again, no-one gives a shit.
I will use the day to try and find this goddamn album:

I ripped a friend's copy ages ago, but to really poor quality. There are some on eBay, but most are from the US.
Quote by Alkaline 64

Any Hendrix fans in the pit?

On a guitar website?

There might be a few, yeah.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Arnulf.
I love Jimmy Hendrix. Probably my biggest musical influence. He will be in my mind both today and tomorrow.

GET OUT.
Still the 17th here
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by blue_strat
I will use the day to try and find this goddamn album:

I ripped a friend's copy ages ago, but to really poor quality. There are some on eBay, but most are from the US.

I've got that on vinyl.
Quote by Bearded_Seth

His playing skill was fantastic, his music was inspiring and well written and his influence completely changed music and the guitar as an instrument. What is over-rated about that?
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
He could still be alive and touring. Damn.

I'll listen to a Jimi song or two tonight. Even though I'm not a fan really, he wrote some very good songs.
Quote by Confusius
I've got that on vinyl.

And there are lots of LPs available.

But digital is how I roll.
Quote by Will Swanson
GET OUT.

NOOO!! I hate myself . How could I type that. I get mad when people misspell his name and now I did myself.
Jimi was something else. He could make the ugliest note through crappy tone sound just awesome, his rhythm playing is so underrated. I'm definitely listening to him right now
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Bearded_Seth

He is not overrated as an innovator. Judging him on chops is short sighted. And how can we move forward without acknowledging the past.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by benonbass1
The brightest candles burn the shortest.

Well someone who OD's isn't very bright.

I said it. Hendrix was not smart.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 17, 2010,
One of those guitarists I knew was amazing, but never bothered listening too. I should start.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by Bearded_Seth

I wouldn't say he was overrated. He just did a lot of things first. If he didn't do it then, someone else would have eventually. But he wasn't a bad guitarist either, but by no means "the best", just damn good. He can't deny the fact that he had soul in his music.
Quote by metaldud536

he may not have been, but what the guy you quoted said is a figure of speech
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by leg end
I wouldn't say he was overrated. He just did a lot of things first. If he didn't do it then, someone else would have eventually. But he wasn't a bad guitarist either, but by no means "the best", just damn good. He can't deny the fact that he had soul in his music.

I hate it when people say this. Nothing is going to change the fact that he did, and you can say that argument to absolutely anything.

But yeah, I agree with you, technically, while amazing, he wasn't the best. But he is undeniably the most influential guitarist of all time.

Quote by metaldud536

He was probably smart enough to understand that metaphor
Last edited by benonbass1 at Sep 17, 2010,
Page 1 of 3