Page 1 of 2
Your BBC article for the day

People who think more about whether they are right have more cells in an area of the brain known as the frontal lobes.

UK scientists, writing in Science, looked at how brain size varied depending on how much people thought about decisions.

But a nationwide survey recently found that some people think too much about life.

These people have poorer memories, and they may also be depressed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11340881

Thoughts? Do you feel it's true? Do you wish you could think more/less?

Personally I've always thought a lot about things, but less and less now. It's good to reflect on things but I wouldn't overdo it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fuck.

Well that's me ruined.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I wish I could think less. I just feel like my brain won't switch off, and I'd love some peace. I only really achieve that if I'm intoxicated or if I'm absorbing some form of media.

I have a fairly shit short term memory and the depression bit hasn't been verified yet.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 17, 2010,
I tend to think about a lot of things regularly, about how my life has changed, about my current situation, and how stuffs gonna pan out for uni and later, and I feel down quite a lot.
Call me Matthew.
Last edited by Masshuu at Sep 17, 2010,
I over-think way too much and my memory is pretty ace.

Proving science wrong since '92.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Like i'm sure most people do, i find religion, science and life itself very interesting. But rarely the weather...
I don't say a lot, so I compensate by obsessively over-thinking everything. Or sometimes not thinking about something at all, then later over-thinking about how I would have been better off thinking through the thing I didn't think about before.

The word 'think' lost all meaning to anyone else yet?
I used to think a lot, but I keep forgetting nowadays.

It's depressing, really.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
I would have some thoughts, but they depress me >_>

But seriously, I think it's definitely true. THe more you reflect on something and analze it, the more likely you are to pick upo on negative things and get depressed.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by TheBurningFish
I wish I could think less. I just feel like my brain won't switch off, and I'd love some piece. I only really achieve that if I'm intoxicated or if I'm absorbing some form of media.

I have a fairly shit short term memory and the depression bit hasn't been verified yet.

Peace, not piece. Apart from that, +1

I think a LOT. There isn't a moment when I'm not thinking about numerous things. My memory is pretty awful at times, and I get depressed quite easily, too.

...I guess I prove this right :/ Damn.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
I definately think to much. I've inherited this ability from dad that when I think too deep, I become unresponsive. People almost have to touch me to get some kinda contact .

But I love thinking. It's amazing how much knowledge you can aquire just from connecting things you already knew in your mind. And it's even more amazing how many of those connections are wrong
Quote by Gerard_xD
Peace, not piece. Apart from that, +1

It was intentional. Thinking makes me hungry.

>.>

<.<

Edit: Shit, I just noticed my sig.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 17, 2010,
Must...stop...thinking!

The Pope is a great and holy man who can do no wrong. The Tea party are rational and sane. No mosques at ground zero.

Gahhh that hurt more than thinking.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost

It's depressing, really.

I see what you did there! But yeah it doesn't surprise me that you can get depressed from thinking too much, the worlds a pretty horrible place (humans atleast)
I think quite a lot. I have a horrible memory and have random moments of sadness. Not full blown depression but not just feeling a little down either.

Fitting stereotypes in '92.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by RU Experienced?
My prefrontal cortex could whomp your prefrontal cortex.

best thing ever said.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost

It's depressing, really.

I see what you did there! But yeah it doesn't surprise me that you can get depressed from thinking too much, the worlds a pretty horrible place (humans atleast)
As if I can control how much I think. Up yours, science.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I'm not sure what to think about this.

Btw, you guys are doing correlational research wrong, again.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Thinking about life, depressing and leaving you forgetful?

Yeah, I can vouch for that. Once I started being less worried about getting this and that done in case I die in a freak gardening accident, and more concerned about just living things as fun as I can and lying in bed without regretting the day to be happy, I've been a lot happier, and maxed out the memory portion of a mental test I did for a local college, which speaks for itself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I used to never stop thinking, but I've grown at peace with my thoughts for the most part
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
If I think about certain things too much I always end up twisting it all to the level that I get crazy and gnarly about it. But sometimes I try to turn it off and just race the track along without thinking, which in turn ends up with making bad decisions and unthoughtful things I regret
when it comes to making decisions i prefer to think less cause then i stress out about them less.
well I tend not to overthink my own problems or dwell on past decisions, but I do think a lot about positive or interesting things. I have an razor-sharp memory.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I'm just gonna think this over...

Wait, what was I posting? Darn my bad memory, this is really depressing.
Quote by Zoot Allures
You know, saying 'correlation =/= causation' dosn't instantly prove this wrong.

That's phenomenal. It still doesn't make the stuff "right" or "wrong" because your individual example does or doesn't agree.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

lol @ everyone thinking they think too much.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I wish I could think less about issues; in other words, getting ****ing rid of said issues. I usually get decent score at tests. Well, I would scored 100 ****ing percent if I could have multiple choise tests as you lucky Americans!

^I do as well, sir WillPlayForFood.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Sep 17, 2010,
Page 1 of 2