OK. So i am wanting to learn Your Betrayal by Bullet For My Valentine and i am having trouble playing this part of the intro. My question is

1. Are you supposed to just hammer on an pull off or

2. Strum the note an pull off to the open

|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------7p0-5p0-3p0-5p0-7p0-8p0-7p0-5p0-7p0-5p0-3p0-5p0-3p0-|
|-5p0-3p0-5p0-----------------------------------------------------|

(0:39)

(0:43)

(0:46)
Just pick the note and pull off to the open note. If you had to hammer on each fretted note, they would be ---h7p0--- etc.
OK. Thank You because on youtube i see some covers where they just hammer on an pull off but then i see some were they strum an pull off. So i didnt kno which way was the right way
Depends on what kind of sound you want. Do you want a harder sound? Go for the strum/pull off. You want a smooth legato-ish sound? Go for hammer on/pull off.
I'm just looking for the sound that is in the song. Maybe i should pull up a video of Michael playing it live an see if i can tell if he strums or just hammer's on a pull's off.
Play the note, then pull off.
you have to flick or provide some friction as such when you hammer, to help it ring out.
also practice slowly, I found when I started playing these types of licks, the first note would not sound out as long as the second, and it really didn't help that it's hard to keep the right rhythm.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I would pick every note even though i'm pretty sure it's all done with the fretting hand.
You need to be really accurate with those hammers/pull offs to avoid other strings ringing out ( i just tried it, it wasn't pretty :p )

Start slow and pick every note, when you have the fretting down tight, start doing one pick > pull off, then go to pure hammer/pull off .
In Los Angeles, says Professor Peter Dreier, one housing policy expert at Occidental College that "people who have lost their jobs or at least their second work, by doubling or tripling up in overcrowded homes, or by the payment of 50 or completed 60 or even 70 percent of their income in rent. "Thelmy Perez, an organizer with strategic actions for a just economy tries to help an older couple that make could not, the $ 600 monthly rent on their two-room apartment so they took in six independent lodgers and now face eviction. According to one community organizer in my city, Alexandria, fast Gold WOW, the standard apartment in a complex occupied largely by day laborers contains two bedrooms, each housing a family of up to five people, plus one additional person who is entitled to the couch. Overcrowding - rural, suburban and urban - makes the mounting number of the poor invisible, especially if the perpetrators do not have to park cars on the treacherous road. But if this is sometimes a crime against the building code, it is not just a victimless one. At best, it leads to interrupted sleep and long waits for the bathroom, in the worst case, to explosions of violence. Catholic Charities reports a rise in domestic violence in many parts of the country, Candy Hill attributes to the combination of unemployment and overpopulation.
Quote by vickyzhang
In Los Angeles, says Professor Peter Dreier, one housing policy expert at Occidental College that "people who have lost their jobs or at least their second work, by doubling or tripling up in overcrowded homes, or by the payment of 50 or completed 60 or even 70 percent of their income in rent. "Thelmy Perez, an organizer with strategic actions for a just economy tries to help an older couple that make could not, the $ 600 monthly rent on their two-room apartment so they took in six independent lodgers and now face eviction. According to one community organizer in my city, Alexandria, fast Gold WOW, the standard apartment in a complex occupied largely by day laborers contains two bedrooms, each housing a family of up to five people, plus one additional person who is entitled to the couch. Overcrowding - rural, suburban and urban - makes the mounting number of the poor invisible, especially if the perpetrators do not have to park cars on the treacherous road. But if this is sometimes a crime against the building code, it is not just a victimless one. At best, it leads to interrupted sleep and long waits for the bathroom, in the worst case, to explosions of violence. Catholic Charities reports a rise in domestic violence in many parts of the country, Candy Hill attributes to the combination of unemployment and overpopulation.

*Reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by vickyzhang

Also reported.
Quote by technical death
lol two in a row i'll do it too then

reported

No. There is only ever a need for one report otherwise the mods inboxes get full of shit, that's the whole point of the "*reported*" thing: so that other people know it's being dealt with and no one else needs to take action.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.