I was wondering if Epiphone ever made a guitar like this:

Basically the current LP Special SC, but with dogears, no pickguard and a lighter finish. Ignore the Gibson logo, imperfectly placed knobs, and the fact that the picture is a carved top instead of a flat, the finish and the pickguard are what concern me. I'd even be okay with soapbars.

I'd look myself but I don't really know much about model year variations between Epiphones so I'd take an inordinate amount of time to find out.

Edit: Picture turned out kinda screwy but you're supposed to be able see the woodgrain,here's a picture of the finish I tried to represent in case anyone get's confused
Last edited by strat-rocker-06 at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by salgala2000
Epi has had SOO many special, limited edition, signature guitars that it's extremely hard to find out. ESPECIALLY when you don't know if it exists

That's exactly why I posted here, so I wouldn't drive myself insane looking myself. Hopefully someone will know...
Flattop satin finish Les Pauls are usually Gibson's gig, and about dual dogears, well, I've never seen anything like that before, let alone on an Epiphone.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Flattop satin finish Les Pauls are usually Gibson's gig, and about dual dogears, well, I've never seen anything like that before, let alone on an Epiphone.

That was my fear. I thought about doing a Warmoth build, but their reds are still too red and they aren't doing custom paint jobs at the moment.

...not that I have the money right now anyways.
Quote by strat-rocker-06
That was my fear. I thought about doing a Warmoth build, but their reds are still too red and they aren't doing custom paint jobs at the moment.

...not that I have the money right now anyways.

Well you could always do the finish yourself... it'll take time but in my experience you appreciate the guitar more if you do it yourself.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Well you could always do the finish yourself... it'll take time but in my experience you appreciate the guitar more if you do it yourself.

That'd be cool, but I'd have no idea how to do it and I don't imagine it's one of those things you can teach yourself using UG and youtube.
I've never seen an epi LP Special 2 with p90s, or that finish. You could buld one.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

My problem with those is the finish, it's much darker that what'd I'd really like, and I'm not a fan of the black pickguard (and I haven't found anyone that makes replacements).

I think it's safe to say that this thing doesn't exist. Oh well, it was more of an intermediate kind of idea than a "dream guitar", so it's not really that big of a deal.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

I came here to post this.

The finish shouldn't be a huge issue- it's even the same color.

And you can remove the pickguard. If you want a different color one and can't find a replacement, just paint it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?