Evenin' folks. I'm looking to upgade this guitar. So it doesn't, putting this gently, suck so much anymore. I got it as a gift and am too cheap to buy something better. So, got any suggestions?

you could change pick ups
new tuners and nut
re do electronics to somethings decent
Quote by salgala2000
Pups
Electronics
Paint
Refret
Hardware
Nut
Shield electronics
Change shape

those are all things you COULD do

Um painting and refreting cost over 150 bucks EACH. I wouldn't consider that cheap.
I considered replacing the pick ups and the electronics. The fretts are decent enough. Got any suggestions for pickups?
Quote by salgala2000
Pups
Electronics
Paint
Refret
Hardware
Nut
Shield electronics
Change shape

Yes, but that would just be me making a new guitar.
Jaycelle: I said things he COULD do. if he had tools already they defiently won't cost that much. And painting definetly doesn't cost that much.

TS: ultimate pup thread has lots of suggestions. For cheap, Dragonfire, GFS, and Iron Gear pups (in that order from least favorite to most favorite for me) have good pickups for under 50$ a pup. Dragonfire even has some for 20$
Quote by salgala2000
Jaycelle: I said things he COULD do. if he had tools already they defiently won't cost that much. And painting definetly doesn't cost that much.

TS: ultimate pup thread has lots of suggestions. For cheap, Dragonfire, GFS, and Iron Gear pups (in that order from least favorite to most favorite for me) have good pickups for under 50$ a pup. Dragonfire even has some for 20$

Hmm.. Which would be good for punk/hard rock?
Quote by JayLacelle
Um painting and refreting cost over 150 bucks EACH. I wouldn't consider that cheap.

if a general paint job costs over 150 to do yourself, you've done something VERY wrong.

if you're buying some super fancy flake paint and a ton of unnecessary equipment, it might go over it. but for one job you can do well under that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by JayLacelle

i painted ALL of my guitars for under $30 each...
Anyone have an opinion on the Dragonfire screamers? (Again, I play punk/little bit of metal/a tiny bit of pop)
Hmm.. I'm thinking of mixing a steamhammer on the bridge with a rolling mill on the neck. What's your opinion?
Should make for a few interesting moments after they're installed... Know where I would find these? (In Canada, preferably not ordering online)
set up and a set of gfs pickups. I don't think the rest worth it, just start saving up for a nicer guitar.
Quote by salgala2000
Pups
Electronics
Paint
Refret
Hardware
Nut
Shield electronics
Change shape

"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by conor1148
if a general paint job costs over 150 to do yourself, you've done something VERY wrong.

But I doubt TS knows how to paint a guitar himself.