Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about this lately. Fusions of genres give an almost unlimited amount of possibilities musically and creatively. What fusions would you like to see? I would loveeee to see a combination of something like Disfiguring the Goddess and Rusko+Caspa! Deathcore+dubstep combo, you can't deny how awesome that would sound.

What fusions do you think would sound good?
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by DarkTom666
Thread topic + searchbar

█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Rap metal countrycore?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Gypsy folk and punk.
Oh wait Gogol Bordello
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've always wanted to mix viking metal with country, I'd imagine it would sound like a really epic western soundtrack.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by isildurs_bane
I've been thinking about this lately. Fusions of genres give an almost unlimited amount of possibilities musically and creatively. What fusions would you like to see? I would loveeee to see a combination of something like Disfiguring the Goddess and Rusko+Caspa! Deathcore+dubstep combo, you can't deny how awesome that would sound.

What fusions do you think would sound good?

Considering both those genres are nothing special on their own a combo would probably sound horrendous.

And most genres have been combined anyway, the music business just has to classify things. The white stripes are far more than 'alternative rock' as i've seen them labeled for instance.
Speed Jazz.

Imagine a jazz song, but with double bass and fast guitar playing.

I would like to write a speed jazz song, but I know nothing about jazz guitar so I can't.
Last edited by TMF128 at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Considering both those genres are nothing special on their own a combo would probably sound horrendous.

>nothing special

Wow. Have you even listened to dubstep? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrEOoX3P5z0

get summa dat inta ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttn1otpx7zA

DTG
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
Quote by hobson111
Seems like you have a decent taste in music. Funkstep, that would be awesome.

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WAB WAB WAB WAB WAB WAB WAH WAH WAH WICKA WICKA WAH WAH WUB WUB WAH WAH WICKA WICKA WAH WAH WUB WUB

do want
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
I want to write a set of preludes and fugues for a rock band. The preludes and fugues concept come from JS Bach's Well Tempered Clavier books in which a prelude in a specific key sets a distinct mood with a certain texture and a fugue following the prelude in the same key. The music should be distinctively rock though, so it's not just classical music arranged for a rock band. However, it has to be contrapuntal and follow all the conventions of voice leading and form. It's going to be a challenge...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's going to be a challenge...

Of course it would, else you'd never brag to us about it.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by isildurs_bane
>nothing special

Wow. Have you even listened to dubstep? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrEOoX3P5z0

get summa dat inta ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttn1otpx7zA

DTG

Yes i have and i knew a post like this was coming.>_< 90% of my college make dubstep, that's literally all i ever hear discussed in the classroom. My cousin , who i see fairly often always gets on my computer and plays the latest dubstep he's listening to. I find it very very repetitive to listen to.
Quote by Zaphikh
Of course it would, else you'd never brag to us about it.

I'm not bragging. It's not a crime to describe specifically what I mean.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I'm not bragging. It's not a crime to describe specifically what I mean.

My apologies. It'll probably sound like something beyond the scope of my simple ears. Luckily we'll have a gifted handful of folks to tell us why their noise is better than our noise. Only then will this burden be lifted from our shoulders.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Zaphikh
My apologies. It'll probably sound like something beyond the scope of my simple ears. Luckily we'll have a gifted handful of folks to tell us why their noise is better than our noise. Only then will this burden be lifted from our shoulders.

One can only hope.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Funk, metal (or hard rock, I guess), psychedelic, and avant garde.

Essentially Primus with more funkiness and heaviness.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Somewhere in between Gaga and Bublé. I just see kind of a lounge-y piano thing going on, with strippers dancing around.
Blues-metal
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm more interested in musical fissions.

That's enough from you, einstein.

Jazz + Metal can only equal goodness
hue
Psychadelic stoner/sludge metal.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Whatever the Jonas Bros play, and ACTUAL MUSIC.

Last edited by Sant_iago_9 at Sep 17, 2010,
I just want to say; Go out and make the genre. You can get a decent home setup for about $150 nowadays, and the mental picture these words give you is different from us, lets hear these awesome ideas rather than leaving them in your head!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by sock_demon
That's enough from you, einstein.

Jazz + Metal can only equal goodness

See early Megadeth...
Quote by Sant_iago_9
See early Megadeth...

I was thinking more along the lines of Joe Pass meets Chris Broderick.
hue
Quote by TMF128
Speed Jazz.

Imagine a jazz song, but with double bass and fast guitar playing.

I would like to write a speed jazz song, but I know nothing about jazz guitar so I can't.

At first, I thought by "double bass" you meant the instrument (as in an upright bass), so I was thinking "wait, he's just describing bebop with a guitar." I eventually realized you meant drums. The thing is that as far as I can tell, double bass drumming was invented by a jazz drummer: http://jazztimes.com/articles/15074-louie-bellson-rim-shots-double-bass-drums

It really wasn't commonly used outside of swing, though, until fusion came around. I'm pretty sure Billy Cobham was the guy who reintroduced double bass drumming into jazz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_bkS5VVaA

Listen closely and you'll definitely hear double bass patterns. They're not superspeed double bass patterns like in death or black metal, but it's close enough. Plus, he's already busy as hell with the rest of his kit.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I want to write a set of preludes and fugues for a rock band. The preludes and fugues concept come from JS Bach's Well Tempered Clavier books in which a prelude in a specific key sets a distinct mood with a certain texture and a fugue following the prelude in the same key. The music should be distinctively rock though, so it's not just classical music arranged for a rock band. However, it has to be contrapuntal and follow all the conventions of voice leading and form. It's going to be a challenge...

You must show me this once you're done with it. I've wanted to write a rock song with counterpoint and common practice-style voice leading for a while now. Not preludes and fugues, mind, but a rock song with a polyphonic section or two.

EDIT: I love Gould's recordings of Bach. His recordings of Hindemith's piano sonatas are great, too, since there's a lot of polyphony in them, including a fugue as the fourth movement of his third sonata.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 17, 2010,
Page 1 of 2