Hi GG&A, I need some info. There's this guy in my area, he's selling his old amp: a Laney Tube Fusion, 120w combo, 1x12. It was bought around ten years ago, made in UK. I don't know very much about it, I figured I could ask some more about it from you gentlemen.

Laney isn't that popular around here, but guys selling used amps other than their no name practice 15 watter isn't something you see every day, either. I'm in the market for a new amp, I might as well try it... since I was considering a Laney (a VC 30) in the first place.

Thing is, I googled the amp and it seems to be solid state, or at least hybrid. It seems most reviews in my language say good things about it, stating it's better than or equal to the Valvetronix series. But I want to hear your opinion.

I don't think it's that great of a deal, though: the guy's asking like 600€. It's in perfect condition and with the original footswitch and whatnot, but I could buy a new VC with that money. So, shall I forget about it? Shall I try it and try to bring the price down? Is it even worth something?

Thank you for the kind answers (that I will read tomorrow since it's like 2 am here). Good night!

TL;DR: Laney Tube Fusion 120w, good amp or piece of crap?
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Bump! anyone? btw, the amp should look something like this (random picture on google images, not the guy's actual amp)
Attachments:
Laney TF.jpg

Italians do it better.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube.

No, seriously, it seems to be a hybrid amp. Solid state clean, and tube overdrive channes.

Appearently it's considered nice for it's price.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/laney/tf300/index.html

More info there.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Ok thank you, I gave that a read and... well, I think I'll pass. it doesn't seem that bad but I think the VC would be better than that. Still, if I happen to meet the guy, I might give it a go out of curiosity.

Oh, and I think I screwed up about the pricing: he BOUGHT it new for 600-something €, he didn't say how much he's willing to ask for it. so I'm guessing at least half that price.

Italians do it better.
It's not a great amp, in my experience. Better than your average MG or Spider, but honestly there are much better amps available in or near that price bracket.