So I just got xpadder so that I could plug my PS3 controller into my computer and use that to play computer games, because I hate the controls of PC games. So I was going to map computer keys to my PS3 controller to play this game.

It recognizes that the controller's there, acknowledges all of the buttons, but won't recognize the analog sticks. I kinda need these so that I can map the walking to the left stick and the camera control to the right stick (just like most console games) and have the other buttons free for the rest of the controls.

Anybody else ever have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I searched on google and couldn't find anything helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
watch some youtube videos of the installation/setup and see if you missed any steps or anything
Solution: Get a real PC controller?

EDIT: To the post above me. Thats probably what the problem is. I've had this problem with my Logitech Rumblepad 2. I have a friend who uses his ps3 controller on his mac with no problems.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by jmonko at Sep 17, 2010,
I'm curious as to what game(s) you're trying to play using the PS3 controller.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
I'd say try using a 360 controller instead and see if that works, but then that'd be $60 for something that may or may not work.
Hmm... Perhaps there's some drivers you can install.
If no one here can answer it, try PMing Gaz_m2k5 or GLP Arclite. They're experts in the field of PC gaming, and I'll try and get them to not insult you for being a filthy console peasant or say that real men use M&K not silly controllers.
Quote by cornmancer
I'd say try using a 360 controller instead and see if that works, but then that'd be $60 $20 for something that may or may not work. is made by the same company and is absolutely, without a doubt compatible.

Fixed.
Quote by jmonko
Solution: Get a real PC controller?

Well you're just about useless and irrelevant.

Quote by archangels
Does the game actually recognize it?

I've tried using PS3 controllers before to no avail, but I read that a driver was recently released to allow their use. Did you download any drivers for it?

Yeah the game recognizes it. All xpadder does is map the buttons on the controller to specific keys on the keyboard, so the game just thinks you're hitting keys on the keyboard. For example, you can map the x button to the enter key, so pressing the x button on the controller will make the game think you're pressing enter and perform the corresponding action. No drivers required. The problem is it doesn't recognize my analog sticks. I click to enable them and it asks me to move the analog stick left, I do that, and it doesn't move on to asking me to move the analog stick right because apparently it doesn't pick up my analog sticks at all, and I would like to fix this so I can use the analog sticks for the camera and walking and all the other buttons for different functions.

Quote by dethskar0
Well you're just about useless and irrelevant.

You skipped my edit.

EDIT: I'll try to help. What OS are you running?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
You skipped my edit.

EDIT: I'll try to help. What OS are you running?

I was writing that before I saw your edit. I'm on Windows 7, and I'm thinking that's the problem. Because xpadder always worked on Vista and XP. But I have the version compatible with 7, it just won't let me use my analog sticks. Everything else works fine.

Quote by dethskar0
I was writing that before I saw your edit. I'm on Windows 7, and I'm thinking that's the problem. Because xpadder always worked on Vista and XP. But I have the version compatible with 7, it just won't let me use my analog sticks. Everything else works fine.

A quick Google search comes up with this.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/
I would give that a try. If I didn't already have a controller I would give this a shot.
ಠ_ಠ
See, I tried MotioninJoy earlier today and it fucked up my computer bad. Can't do that. I had to restart for something to work and when I tried my computer would shut itself off during booting every time I tried to turn it back on. I got lucky to be able to get far enough to be able to hit a key for system restore and then my computer started working again. So that didn't work. That's why I'm trying xpadder, but it won't let me use the analog sticks. That's all I want to fix.

I don't know then.
What games have you tried using it with? Because it might just be the games.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by archangels
Fixed.

Last time I was at walmart it looking for one it was $60. Of course I haven't gone actively looking for one in at least a year, so they probably have dropped in price since then. And I said may or may not work because I've never tried it. I've tried it with a wireless one and one of those connecting wires but after some frustration I learned you can only do it with a wired 360 controller.

Also scratch what I said earlier about Gaz and Arclite. Try GLP Arclite or Ichikurosaki. Gaz said he wouldn't know. I think the 360 controller is your best bet though.
Quote by jmonko

I don't know then.
What games have you tried using it with? Because it might just be the games.
'

It has nothing to do with the games... I haven't even opened a game yet. Xpadder won't even let me map the analog sticks because it doesn't detect them, but it finds every other button just fine. I need the analog sticks, because I hate PC game controls.

Google "DS3 tool"
its what i use. Works reasonably well. Kind of difficult to install but if you follow the instructions it should work.

Also, get the Driver Enforcement Override tool. It puts your computer into Test Mode so you don't have to F8 at start up all the time and disable driver enforcement manually.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
I'd save myself from all the hassle and just buy a 360 controller instead, which is 100% compatible.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
I'd save myself from all the hassle and just buy a 360 controller instead, which is 100% compatible.

This game is from 2000. There's no guarantee that it's compatible. And I'm not going to go buy a 360 controller. Maybe you missed the part where I said I don't have money? If you're gonna make suggestions check to see if they've already been made. What's the point of going in this thread and telling me to buy a 360 controller when several other people have already said that, and I've already said I don't have money? Get out of here.

Quote by cornmancer
Also scratch what I said earlier about Gaz and Arclite. Try GLP Arclite or Ichikurosaki. Gaz said he wouldn't know. I think the 360 controller is your best bet though.

If i had to guess, it's not detecting the analog sticks because they're not technically buttons, if you got the right drivers and did it that way..

Easiest method is just to simply get a 360 pad, though.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

If i had to guess, it's not detecting the analog sticks because they're not technically buttons, if you got the right drivers and did it that way..

Easiest method is just to simply get a 360 pad, though.

They don't have to be buttons... xpadder is supposed to pick up analog sticks also. Maybe it would help if people knew what xpadder was, because apparently no one here does.

^Haha.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Well, there is that, i mean honestly i barely have a clue about this stuff. Seemed rude to ignore my summon though

Gaz said you may know something since you don't like using the M&K, so I figured what the hell.
And sorry TS, I've no idea what xpadder is.
If you don't have money I'd say just sell some CDs or maybe a game or something, get the $20 or whatever and buy a 360 controller. They're guaranteed to work with PCs no matter how old since it's Microsoft making both the PC and the 360.
Last edited by cornmancer at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by cornmancer
Gaz said you may know something since you don't like using the M&K, so I figured what the hell.
And sorry TS, I've no idea what xpadder is.
If you don't have money I'd say just sell some CDs or maybe a game or something, get the $20 or whatever and buy a 360 controller. They're guaranteed to work with PCs no matter how old since it's Microsoft making both the PC and the 360.

For $20 he could get a Rumblepad 2, a PC controller.
ಠ_ಠ
I don't have $20. And I'm NOT selling my CD's to buy a damn controller. You must be out of your mind. You shouldn't even be suggesting such blasphemy. And the value of games depreciates quickly. They aren't worth anything when you sell them. I'd get like $2 for a game that came out last year.

The last I read about using the PS3 controller on your pc, if you do the process wrong, you will mess up all of the USB ports on your pc. Other times, I read that you just need to install the drivers and connect the controller. Sorry I can't help you more, if you succeed please tell me how you did it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant