Well I personally didn't like itunes new design with the newest update, but now I find that it almost always just freezes when I use it. Is this happening to anybody else?

I have a PC, and I wonder if that could be part of the reason, maybe those Apple bastards want everybody to need/get a Mac for itunes to work properly?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
I'm running Windows 7 and have had no such problem.
Also the new iTunes design sucks hardcore.
ಠ_ಠ
Not having this problem myself - I quite enjoy the updated version. Apart from all videos are the same size, there is no "actual size" option as before. Anyone know a way round it?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by jmonko

That's almost exactly what I was going to say, except without 'hardcore'. It sucks, especially in comparison to what we had before, but it's not horrendous.
Quote by jmonko

I am too, but idk I feel like since I haven't actually shut down my computer in a while (just put it in hibernate at night) that might help. And yes the new design sucks ass.
Well I've just found out that every time the notification comes up to "Download iTunes 10" I should continue to click "No".
Thanks.
Quote by Viridian44
What browser do you use?

what the hell does that have to do with itunes?

u mean OS?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well I've just found out that every time the notification comes up to "Download iTunes 10" I should continue to click "No".
Thanks.

Same
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Viridian44
What browser do you use?

Firefox, though I agree with whoever said how would this affect it?
Why use iTunes? And don't say it's because you have an iphone or ipod
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Using iTunes is retarded.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I happen to personally like iTunes a lot more than Windows Media Player or other things such as Rhapsody (If that's how you spell it). Maybe it's just because I'm so used to it. But I used WMP for years, never had an iPod/mp3 player and only burned CD's and such, but when I got my first iPod and first got iTunes it was amazing. Idk,
/personal opinion that iTunes is pretty cool most of the time.
Lately I've noticed that sometimes when I close FF the process doesn't actually end, and I have to open Task Manager and do it manually in order to use it again as well as unfreeze iTunes, because when I close FF iTunes will freeze.

Apparently this can be caused by Java/Flash apps running in the current browser window when it is closed.

- Close tabs running Java or Flash apps before you exit the browser
- If you use Adblock Plus, disable tabs on Java and Flash in the options

You may also want to look at this page concerning the Poison ivy virus, just in case.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox.exe_always_open

It could also be something entirely different, this is just what worked for me.
I use windows 7 and I have this same problem. I think it only works if you have a Mac LOLZ
Quote by Viridian44
Lately I've noticed that sometimes when I close FF the process doesn't actually end, and I have to open Task Manager and do it manually in order to use it again as well as unfreeze iTunes, because when I close FF iTunes will freeze.

Apparently this can be caused by Java/Flash apps running in the current browser window when it is closed.

- Close tabs running Java or Flash apps before you exit the browser
- If you use Adblock Plus, disable tabs on Java and Flash in the options

You may also want to look at this page concerning the Poison ivy virus, just in case.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox.exe_always_open

It could also be something entirely different, this is just what worked for me.

I've actually had this same problem a few times. So I guess it only happened because I had RuneScape (Which uses Java to run) open whenever I closed FireFox? also I do use adblock too, I didn't know this was a problem. lately I've noticed iTunes won't open upon the first 10 or so clicks on the iTunes icon in my start menu, it only starts up if I repeatedly click the icon, it's odd..
Windows Media Player is sh-t. This is common knowledge. iTunes, however, is not that much better.

Anybody that has done their research uses WinAmp or MediaMonkey or something like that.

iTunes doesn't even play FLAC
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My iTunes has never crashed since the new update. It crashed a lot before though.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I'm happy that everytime iTunes 10 comes up, I'm too lazy to download the newest version.
Quote by Burgery
Windows Media Player is sh-t. This is common knowledge. iTunes, however, is not that much better.

Anybody that has done their research uses WinAmp or MediaMonkey or something like that.

iTunes doesn't even play FLAC

Meh, I prefer iTunes. I like the layout and views and I use Genius a lot. Winamp seems too cluttered. I know it has some more functionality, its a lot less locked down obviously and can play FLAC and whatnot but this isn't a big deal for me, I usually just convert any FLAC files I get to Apple Lossless.

I have considered making the switch to it in the past however, just haven't..convince me?
Last edited by Viridian44 at Sep 17, 2010,
It works fine for me though the only reason I use iTunes is so I can buy apps.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I haven't had a problem other than one time where it wouldn't play the music, which was fixed on a reboot, and the iTunes Store glitching my account inventory once.

I don't see what's wrong with the new layout. The only thing that's really changed is the addition of a view type (you guys know you can set it back to normal, right?) and a new GUI set.
Quote by WizMystery
I haven't had a problem other than one time where it wouldn't play the music, which was fixed on a reboot, and the iTunes Store glitching my account inventory once.

I don't see what's wrong with the new layout. The only thing that's really changed is the addition of a view type (you guys know you can set it back to normal, right?) and a new GUI set.

Yeah I finally changed it back to where the albums are on top and you cycle through them and the songs appear below, but even just looking at the shortcut in my start menu makes me not like it as much as the old one. More of a style preference.
Quote by bsoates
Yeah I finally changed it back to where the albums are on top and you cycle through them and the songs appear below, but even just looking at the shortcut in my start menu makes me not like it as much as the old one. More of a style preference.

Yeah the icon is sort of... bleh. Not really what I think of when I think of apple.
Quote by bsoates

The reasoning behind the icon change is because iTunes sales are expected to surpass physical sales this year so they wanted to get rid of the CD. I wish they kept it.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I haven't had any problems with the new iTunes, I'm using XP. Vista's horrible and I haven't tried 7 yet.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome