im having trouble with my a and d strings i recently replaced them due to popping them during a divebomb. and i did go up in gauge i went from the a being a 42 and the d being 32 to them being 48 and 38. my low e is a 52. i try to tune them and going from one octave to the next it goes from being really loose to being too tight and feeling like its going to snap.
i have jackson demmelition king v

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Phil-Demmel-Demmelition-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=520333

this is my first double locking flyod guitar so im not sure what to do
Quote by GS LEAD 5
What do you mean, "one octave to the next"?

yea
Quote by GS LEAD 5
What do you mean, "one octave to the next"?

i mean from it being in say a and tuning it up until its in a again
Quote by rickyj
well it will HAVE to be tighter if you got thicker strings...

does that mean i raise or lower the bridge
Quote by j7575
does that mean i raise or lower the bridge

if you put them on it will pull the bridge up so it will always be pulled up above the body.

so yea you will have to open the back where the springs are and TIGHTEN the screws. make sure you loosen the strings before you do it.

if the bridge isnt level with the body then you have to loosen or tighten the screws accordingly.
Quote by rickyj
if you put them on it will pull the bridge up so it will always be pulled up above the body.

so yea you will have to open the back where the springs are and TIGHTEN the screws. make sure you loosen the strings before you do it.

if the bridge isnt level with the body then you have to loosen or tighten the screws accordingly.

thanks