So I'm stuck in at decision between Bugera 6262 and the Peavey 5150/6505 (212s). I've tried em out before. I watched youtube video of both of them. I have a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus is going to be ran in the amp. I play a lot of thrash metal, instrumental rock, stuff in clean.
My list of guitars I'll be using is in my signature. I cover bands like Bullet for my Valentine, Escape the Fate, Atreyu, 36 Crazyfists, My Chemical Romance, Children of Bodom, JerryC, Steve Vai and a bunch of alternative bands.

Nearest Major Town - Tampa, Fl
Genres - Thrash Metal, Instrumental Rock, Alternative
Price Range- 400$~600$
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez RG370DXGP4
Washburn X-Series
Fender Squier Strat
222 First Act Acoustic (I've modified it)
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
Line 6 Spider Amp III 15watt
Offtopic: Thrash? I see no thrash there.

Anyway: 6505/5150. They're waaaaaaay better quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Offtopic: Thrash? I see no thrash there.

Anyway: 6505/5150. They're waaaaaaay better quality.

theyr waaaaaaaay more expensive.

the quality problems of bugera amps have been fixed.
Quote by Levi79
I don't have any experience with the Bugera although I used to want one. But my advice is why not get the real 6505 instead of a copy (6262)

because he can either get the bugera head or a 212 version of the 6505.

id rather have the head.
Quote by rickyj
because he can either get the bugera head or a 212 version of the 6505.

id rather have the head.

The 6262 comes in a 212 combo too. However, it would be no less of a pain to tote around than a 212 6505.

TS, if cleans are an absolute MUST for you the Bugera is the way to go, as it also has shitloads of gain on tap. The 6505 would pass with flying colors in nailing teh br00tz too, but TBH it would fall short in the clean department.

Out of curiosity, when you played both amps, what did you think of the 6505's cleans in comparison to those of the 6262?
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by rickyj
theyr waaaaaaaay more expensive.

the quality problems of bugera amps have been fixed.

Um, used they go for $600-700. IIRC, a 6262 sells new for $650.

And the bugera I tried made a horrendous popping noise when I turned it off. Not exactly what I consider "quality".
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um, used they go for $600-700. IIRC, a 6262 sells new for $650.

And the bugera I tried made a horrendous popping noise when I turned it off. Not exactly what I consider "quality".

Combo or head? You can get the head for $550 new.

The 6505 1x12 combo has seen quite a few reliability issues as well.

MY 6262 has never made any weird popping sounds...NONE of the Bugeras in the store I got mine from make any popping sounds either (yeah, I live blocks away...I play em all ;-)

I have UN-intentionally abused my 6262 (shorted the bias test points, run the wrong impedance for a couple WEEKS...loudly at that) and it has never even hiccuped.

Also, the 6262 can run 6l6, KT77, and EL34 tubes (possibly a pair of KT88s as well...but not room for all 4 KT88s) giving you more options than the peavey.

PERSONALLY, I like the assurance of a warranty over the suspicion of what MIGHT be wrong with a used amp. However, if getting a peavey, I would recommend the head or the 2x12s.

That said...you played BOTH amps...which did YOU like better...buy THAT one.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
Combo or head? You can get the head for $550 new.

The 6505 1x12 combo has seen quite a few reliability issues as well.

MY 6262 has never made any weird popping sounds...NONE of the Bugeras in the store I got mine from make any popping sounds either (yeah, I live blocks away...I play em all ;-)

I have UN-intentionally abused my 6262 (shorted the bias test points, run the wrong impedance for a couple WEEKS...loudly at that) and it has never even hiccuped.

Also, the 6262 can run 6l6, KT77, and EL34 tubes (possibly a pair of KT88s as well...but not room for all 4 KT88s) giving you more options than the peavey.

PERSONALLY, I like the assurance of a warranty over the suspicion of what MIGHT be wrong with a used amp. However, if getting a peavey, I would recommend the head or the 2x12s.

That said...you played BOTH amps...which did YOU like better...buy THAT one.

The big difference is I was talking about the 6505 212. It's much better made (US built as opposed to Chinese). The 6505+ 112 is (I believe) made in the same factory as all of Peavey's Chinese stuff. VK's are ridiculously tough amps considering their price point. Most of the stuff Peavey makes in China is pretty decent quality, tbh
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden