Hows it going everybody?

so I got a few questions regarding the stratocaster that ive got. Is it possible to convert the Hss stratocaster that ive got to a HSH by swapping the pickguard? would the cavity in the guitar match the template of the hsh pickguard? because id really like to get the dimarzio evoloution pickup set and drop it in. I have an evoloution in the bridge, but id like to get the humbucker in the neck also. is this possible?

and about the les paul: is it possible to install the old seymour duncan f spaced humbucker (stock on HSS strat) into the bridge of the les paul? the measurments seem to be the same when comparing the alnico the the duncan.

thanks in advance for the answers.
LTD Deluxe H1001Fr STBC
Modded Fender Stratocaster HSS mexican
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Takamine G340SC Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Carvin Legacy 2
Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah
Whirlwind A/B Selector
Some strat models have what is called a "swimming-pool" pickup routing, which would accommodate the HSH configuration just fine. I'm not sure which models have this though. I would look it up on Google or something.

As far as the Les Paul p'up swap, most humbuckers can fit in the spots interchangeably. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the F-spacing shouldn't matter between those two guitars.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Some strat models have what is called a "swimming-pool" pickup routing, which would accommodate the HSH configuration just fine. I'm not sure which models have this though. I would look it up on Google or something.

As far as the Les Paul p'up swap, most humbuckers can fit in the spots interchangeably. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the F-spacing shouldn't matter between those two guitars.

thats exactly what I thought. Im pretty sure that my HSS has the spacing necessary, but since its mexican im not too sure and ive just changed the strings on it, so im not too apt to go and take em off and take a look at the moment.

as far as the les paul goes: is it possible to re-attach the gold cover from the alnico onto the duncan with some wax or glue? Im not going to really mind the white color but itll look better with gold. or is it impossible? im not planning on really saving the alnico unless the swap really sounds bad, so taking it off isnt going to be so troublesome to try and preserve the black original color of the alnico (since im probably dumping it).
LTD Deluxe H1001Fr STBC
Takamine G340SC Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Carvin Legacy 2
Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah
Whirlwind A/B Selector
F-spacing -is- what matters with these guitars.
When pickup swapping really took off, it was noticed that Fender guitars with PAF-sized pickups at the bridge didn't get as much response on the E strings, since the pickup was a tad small on either side. It happens that Floyd Rose bridges use the same string spacing; hence F-space, for Fender/Floyd, and G-spaced for Gibson.

It's not a huge difference, but it might make a difference. Do you have a mounting ring for the Evolution?

As far as pickguards go, you should be able to drop in the HSH set. Most Strat models have routing for the bridge and neck slots to be filled with humbuckers, and if not, it's an easy rout. You don't have to worry about going a little over, since no one will see it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Im not too sure about the mounting ring for the evo. that was one of the first things that I had done to my strat about a year after I got it. maybe its with the original white pickguard that I have stored somewhere in my closet.

what do you think would be a good replacement pup for the les paul ultra2? im not too sure how replacement pups would sound for semi-hollowbody guitars. I mean the alnico is not bad, but its not meant for the heavier music.
LTD Deluxe H1001Fr STBC
Takamine G340SC Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Carvin Legacy 2
Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah
Whirlwind A/B Selector