http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0133000327

So I have this guitar. The noise cancelling pickups are great, but they sound way too "bright". So, would it be a good idea to replace the bridge pickup with a sort of a heavy humbucker? It would be nice to also be able to shred a little on this guitar.

The brige pickup and the single coils would always be activated seperately, so they wouldn't mix up.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
what do you mean "wouldnt mix up"? you can wire humbuckers and singles together...

also if you do get a humbucker youll have to carve out the pickguard and possibly route the body depending on how much room there is.
Wow i want that guitar ... Here's your options from easiest to hardestet

1) Use your tone know
2) By rails pickups (buckers that look like singles)
3) Route out the wood and put a humbucker in there

Also as stated, humbucker and singles can be wired together fine, you can even make it that when the humbucker becomes a single coil when you use it with another single coil if you want.

You could also have an on/off switch for the bucker but what i just said above is easier
Hmm.... I'm not too comfortable with gouging into this guitar... its a nice one

So would it be better just to leave these in?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
A friend of mine took a strat copy, and put a Duncan Performer(dual rail, single coil sized, cheaper version of what Jim posted) in it for about $30. Fits fine, no body or pickguard mods, and sounds good. He was in a thrash metal band at the time so shredding and such was about all he did. Plus, since there are no structural mods to the guitar, if you need to return it to stock then just put the old pickup back in.

Jake
Luna Phoenix, Kustom II bass amp, generic 15" PA speaker
"Magic Man", unknown old bass, mid 70`s Jap import

It`s my guitar, and if you don`t like it, well I don`t care if you like it now do I?
There are a number of mods you can do without changing out pickups. You can first check that you have 250K pots - sounds simple i know but my brother's squier strat had stock pots that were 500K, and it was SSS. Presuming they are 250K, you can change the cap to a larger one. This will do practically nothing when tone is on 10 (unless you are an absolute tone freak, you wont be able to hear much of a difference) but as you roll it down to 1 it rolls off more treble, leaving it less bright. There are alternative mods you can do - adding a permament cap will do the same as a pot which you cant turn - will leave tone on 1. If coupled with a tone pot, this would mean that on "10" the pickups would sound like tone on "1", and at "1" the pickups would sound really dark and bassy.
I would definitely suggest adding a bridge tone control. You could have neck/mid tone and bridge tone, neck tone and mid/bridge tone etc. Any combination. This would mean that you can roll off the treble on all pickups.

Anyway, those are just a few of the options. If you want a wiring diagram, just say which one and i'll find you one!