Seeing as this is aprropriate for this day...post your thoughts about him. How has he influenced you as a musician?
Already have a thread for this, but what the hey.

Whether people like his music or not, whether people like the man or not. Jimi Hendrix changed the face of popular music. He influenced the world in a major way, and for that he should be remembered.
I'm wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt right now and I didn't even notice he died today o_O
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) was the reason I bought a dunlop crybaby wah-wah pedal before I had and amp of my own.
He influenced Slash who is my influence so Hendrix is my influence as well.
Smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me, cannot stop the BATTERY!!!
He did nothing to influence me.

Influence by proxy doesn't count.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
without a doubt the greatest guitarist ever. nobody makes me want to play more.

unforetunatly i dont have my ipod with me so...
I would like every guitar player to take at least a one minute feedback on his guitar and
every other musician just to listen and take a minute of silence.
◘~(ô0)==>
Oh my tube, they rocked zwenny ! - Let's r0ck 0n!!
A man who wa
Originally Posted by sticksause
I just sit around all day, get high and play guitar
A man who was in contact with the universe in all possible ways
Originally Posted by sticksause
I just sit around all day, get high and play guitar
Providing me with endless joy in music. Thanks, Jimi. You died too early.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
R.I.P jimi, taken too young. Thank you for hours of entertainment, and years of inspiration to come.
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
That's what drugs do to you.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!