Does anyone know of a quality amp simulator software? I'm looking something that can make sounds like Slipknot, Parkway Drive, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.
i'm pretty sure u answered ur question in the question...

Guitar Rig 4 sounds great for everything
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Guitar Rig 4 pretty much sucks for metal.

There are some REALLY great free VST's.
Nick Crows 7170/8505
TSE X30 (Engl sim)
LePou's Solo C (Soldano sim)
LePou's Legion
Juicy77

Of course you'd have to download and impulse loader and some impulses.. and a Tube Screamer sim to tighten things up as most amp sims are quite muddy.
Quote by Ignite
and a Tube Screamer sim to tighten things up as most amp sims are quite muddy.

LMAO.

Oh, The Irony....
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
I'd go with a nice multifx with an expressioin pedal.
Quote by Funk Monk
LMAO.

Oh, The Irony....

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Even running a costly amp sim like GR or Amplitube, or even Pod Farm, it's always better to have a OD sim pedal in front of your chain.

Or maybe you're getting at how it's funny that you have to do that in real life sometimes?
amplitube metal had some pretty slick tones, but i never used it much because it was super laggy on my pc.
Quote by Ignite
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Even running a costly amp sim like GR or Amplitube, or even Pod Farm, it's always better to have a OD sim pedal in front of your chain.

Or maybe you're getting at how it's funny that you have to do that in real life sometimes?

He meant by how u said simulators sound kind of muddy, so stick a SIMULATED OD to clear it up.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
POD Farm Platinum.

Epic t0anz!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
is downloading all the addon packages basically like getting pod farm platinum?
Quote by Clay-man
is downloading all the addon packages basically like getting pod farm platinum?

Yes - Though much more expensive.

You can buy POD Farm Platinum from AudioMidi.com for $150, though you'll also need an iLok if you don't have one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
http://www.acmebargig.com/

Enjoy yourself. These are free, and better than Revalver, Guitar Rig, Podfarm combined!

I do not work for Acmebargig. Just a happy user of their software!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Revalver MKIII or Amplitube 3 for paid. Theres a lot of great free LePous sims. Go to http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/
ESP/LTD: MH-1000FR
Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra II (JB/Jazz)
Squire: Modded HSS Strat
Fractal Audio: Axe Fx II (checking store every 2 minuets)
Atomic: Reactor FR
Line 6: UX1
Roland: TD-3KW
Quote by sfaune92
http://www.acmebargig.com/

Enjoy yourself. These are free, and better than Revalver, Guitar Rig, Podfarm combined!

I do not work for Acmebargig. Just a happy user of their software!

I dunno, I haven't tried anything since Shred came out and I didn't like the tones I got out of that at all. As with most of the free VSTs, they sound overly digital.

Been meaning to try their newer high gain ones, but I've been really happy with the tones I've gotten since I got POD Farm Platinum, so I really haven't bothered
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^Revalver sounds fairly decent to my ears... I have a (horrifically badly mixed) sample on my profile.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by bcrichlover
Does anyone know of a quality amp simulator software? I'm looking something that can make sounds like Slipknot, Parkway Drive, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.

I have GR4. Getting a real premium metal tone is difficult. But what GR4 does it does great...that is, it gives you tons of sounds, tones, effects, preset styles, etc. to play around with. The clean sounds are fantastic, classic rock tones are ok, metal is there, it just doesn't translate great and it's not very smooth.

Because of this I recently bought Peavey's 6505+ 112 Combo with MSDI. This gives me a direct out option to record via my PreSonus interface (using Sonar 8.5.2). When I need to be quiet, I can still record riffs and song ideas, etc. with GR4. With it's flexibility, it's value for songwriting is phenomenal. When I don't have to worry about the neighbors I'll be cranking up the Peavey.