the title says everything, which is better? (xaviere guitars/gfs kits/dragonfire kits)
in terms of quality, sound, and value
thanks!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
gfs is the company i prefer.... i have ordered from both the quality is better
cool, so id be better off to buy a Xaviere and uber mod it rather than a dragonfire kit?
are the emg knockoffs any good?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
Quote by Dr.Tong
cool, so id be better off to buy a Xaviere and uber mod it rather than a dragonfire kit?
are the emg knockoffs any good?

Or get a Guitarfetish Kit.

I don't know about the Dragonfire EMGs though. I am going to order some in the next couple of months for an Explorer build.
..I was watching my death.
From what I hear an Xaviere is good on its own if you're looking for a cheap guitar and a GFS kit is more worthwhile if you're going to do much to it because the neck quality is similar, but the kit is cheaper.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
The gfs kits are better than the dragonfire kits? Why are the dragonfire v almost 70 bucks more than the gfs ones?
GFS takes this one. I've ordered parts, pickups and a Xaviere from them...just have a little look see:

LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
what about something like the xv-jt60? its 170, and its made with alder (not poplar) so for about 40 dollars more, you get a cooler shape, and better wood
or is it still more worthwhile to geta kit since im gonna be uber modding?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
Well, the cost of the kits is mostly in the body and neck. The pickups, bridge, tuners, and electronics tend to be utter shit in guitar kits to keep the cost down.

So if you were intending on replacing the bridge, tuners, pickups, and electronics anyway, yeah go for the kit.
I don't know which is better, but I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking about buying a Jackson style neck for a custom body build that I'm going to do. This is the neck...

It looks to be a good neck, but looks can be deceiving. If you find out anything on Dragonfire, I would like to know.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)