So I'm finally in College/University and for as long as I could remember I was 100% anti-Fraternity. Now that I'm here, I was fortunate to find a very diverse group of guys that I fit in perfectly with. Most people complain about how joining a Fraternity is buying your friends, but when your friends with the guys before you pledge it defeats that whole point. What are the Pit's ideals on Fraternities and if you are in one, what group?
I am a Sigma Pi pledge in the Alpha Pi chapter at Arkansas State University.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
Fraternity = Sausage-fest.

EDIT: Also, I cum blood....
Last edited by Guitar Sushi at Sep 18, 2010,
It's a sausage fest every day until Thursday. After that, great woman to man ratio all weekend. It has helped me alot. We have to get up early and clean the house and had I not had to do that, I would hardly ever show up for class.
Quote by Rookie One
Loves to party at frats, hate the commitment and heirarchies. But damn there's so much alcohol and hot girls. Idk, I didn't rush/pledge, but I still party at them, though now theyre more selective. I kinda want to join one, i couldnt decide on just one, and it would only be to get laid/drunk easier.

I got invited to a Sigma Pi party tonight myself actually. Didn't go though, too many grenades (ugly girls). I've partied at a Sigma Pi 3 times since I've been in college for about a month.

I didn't rush, I was against frats too, and still am against some. The small ones are much cooler. I just don't like the subservient bullshit they make you do, like chugging beer or getting beer poured on you or having a "big brother" and crap. Its not really hazing because they don't try to kill u or isolate you from the other pledges, but its certainly a semi-humiliating initiation.

Personally, I've tried to get into 30 frat parties, and have gotten into all but 1. Then again I've never tried to get into the really exclusive ones, have been with girls, know some people, can convince doormen, and am a good liar. 90% of the time I'm a thoughtful, caring individual who is thinking about Utilitarianism, but 10% of the time, I just need to bust nut and drink beer. And thats what the frats are good for IMO.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by TSmitty6
Loves to party at frats, hate the commitment and heirarchies. But damn there's so much alcohol and hot girls. Idk, I didn't rush/pledge, but I still party at them, though now theyre more selective. I kinda want to join one, i couldnt decide on just one, and it would only be to get laid/drunk easier.

I got invited to a Sigma Pi party tonight myself actually. Didn't go though, too many grenades (ugly girls). I've partied at a Sigma Pi 3 times since I've been in college for about a month.

I didn't rush, I was against frats too, and still am against some. The small ones are much cooler. I just don't like the subservient bullshit they make you do, like chugging beer or getting beer poured on you or having a "big brother" and crap. Its not really hazing because they don't try to kill u or isolate you from the other pledges, but its certainly a semi-humiliating initiation.

Personally, I've tried to get into 30 frat parties, and have gotten into all but 1. Then again I've never tried to get into the really exclusive ones, have been with girls, know some people, can convince doormen, and am a good liar. 90% of the time I'm a thoughtful, caring individual who is thinking about Utilitarianism, but 10% of the time, I just need to bust nut and drink beer. And thats what the frats are good for IMO.

You sir make very good points. I'm not an activist that says "Join or Die" or even better "Walk in our shoes or walk in our shadows"(Pikes). Some people pledge and some don't. I like when non members or pledges come. But some people gotta pledge so that the party scene stays alive. I love it to death.
Quote by Rookie One
idk, im tight w/ so many people in my dorm, and half are in frats, so i dont see the point quite yet. its a big commitment.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I agree. It is very time consuming. Between having to be at the house doing God knows what, plus the study hall hours that we have to have each week(Currently 6, but that is susceptible to change) I don't get too much down time. I enjoy an active lifestyle so it works out well with me.
BTW, I'm still in recovery from Margaritaville party Friday night, tailgating with alumni who are very friendly with their alcohol this morning, and victory drinking after the game. Great weekend.
Quote by Rookie One
There are a lot of D bag frats. The reason I joined Sigma Pi is because there's a huge level of diversity in it.
Quote by Rookie One
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by special_kae_911
So I'm finally in College/University and for as long as I could remember I was 100% anti-Fraternity. Now that I'm here, I was fortunate to find a very diverse group of guys that I fit in perfectly with. Most people complain about how joining a Fraternity is buying your friends, but when your friends with the guys before you pledge it defeats that whole point. What are the Pit's ideals on Fraternities and if you are in one, what group?

I'm considering pledging to Sigma Pi at Grand Valley State University

Do you pledge money, and if so, how much did you pledge?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I'm considering pledging to Sigma Pi at Grand Valley State University

Do you pledge money, and if so, how much did you pledge?

$150 on induction day
$350 by the end of your 8 week pledge ship
$75/ month after that
Quote by Rookie One
Quote by special_kae_911

So you're not a delta epsilon?

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by special_kae_911
$150 on induction day
$350 by the end of your 8 week pledge ship
$75/ month after that

I don't have that type of money
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I don't have that type of money

Neither do I man... neither do I.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
The only thing frats do here is have mixers with sororities and hook up with them. I've never had any particular interest in hooking up with random stupid bitches, so I've never been interested. I've also never had any desire to spend hundreds of dollars a semester for people to accept me, nor the douchebaggery that most frats at my school entail.

Also, totalfratmove makes me want to burn down every frat and sorority house in the world. The sense of entitlement those worthless piles of shit have is absolutely disgusting.
"Hey Bob! You want to be in our club?"
"Sure!"
"Cool! Now, shove this hamster up your sphincter, then we MIGHT think about possibly letting you in."
"Wat."

No thank you.
I don't get along with the fraternity type. I do like to sit back and watch you weirdos doing all your pledge drive shit at the start of term though. Socio-anthropological learnings.

You ****ers need to stop showing up at the shows I go to, Jesus ****.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My school has two frats: ZBT, and Sigma Epsilon or something and three sororities.

I'm not entirely sure if they even party hard...

The only reason I would join here is so that I would already have pledged into a chapter when I transfer to a larger school.
The guys are laid back here. There's no way I would even think about joining at a party school like San Diego State.
They scare me.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I've been thinking about joining an engineering frat at my University called Triangle Frat, but I'm not entirely sure...
Recently found out about them as an Englishman. They sound really fucking pathetic. It's a good reason why you should lower the drinking age - it'd probably mean less bullshit from them.
Why do they always have stupid names?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
thought about getting into phi mu alpha next semester. all the guys just jam, eat, and play videogames.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I am not a fan of Fraternities but that could just be because i'm Canadian and go to McGill where they aren't that big (though they exist)... Plus fraternities are filled with bros doing homoerotic activities
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by jambi_mantra
Why do they always have stupid names?

They're named after Greek letters because in ancient Greece it was generally considered the manliest thing one could do was get drunk, get naked, grease yourself up and wrestle with other naked men.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
They're named after Greek letters because in ancient Greece it was generally considered the manliest thing one could do was get drunk, get naked, grease yourself up and wrestle with other naked men.

So being a Sigma Pi within an Alpha Pi means what?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
So being a Sigma Pi within an Alpha Pi means what?

Probably something to do with physics.
MATTERHORN