The "I'm Horribly Depressed Because My Best Friends Have Gone to Uni" Thread

Page 1 of 2
Two of my best friends went off to uni this morning One of them being the love of my life. I don't get to see them until at least Christmas if I'm lucky. I've always loved being there for my friends and now I can't. Sucks some major ass, brah. Who else is depressed?!
Two years ago I was in the same boat. A year later I went to uni myself and met a whole bunch of cool people.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
out of my closest friends, I'm the only one who graduated from high school.

I cannot relate to your dilemma. maybe try transferring in.
Quote by Zeletros
Why don't you go to uni?

Because I'm thick and wouldn't get in.

Your best friend is the love of your life?[/QUOTE
Yeah, it's screwed up.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Your best friend is the love of your life?

He must be a butt-pirate or incredibly friendzoned and not understand love.

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Your best friend is the love of your life?[/QUOTE
Yeah, it's screwed up.

????....

What is this
Quote by leg end

????....

What is this

He's too thick to go to university. Don't your universities have a maximum width for their pupils?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
don't worry buddy, I'm sure they'll make lots of new friends over there, they won't be missing you .
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Yup, 2 Close mates went the other day. TBH as cold as it sounds it doesn't actually bother me a huge amount. Im used to people leaving permenantley.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I had that feeling when I was out of school for a year. It's like ''hey **** school!! yeah!! let's go to work every ****ing day and make minimum wage, oh wait! I'm getting 12 bucks an hour now!!! wooowwww I'm so rich!!!'' all while your friends are getting farther in life, having more fun doing it and getting wasted all the time. While you stay at home, completely wrecked and tired from your workday, realising you're not that rich and you have no life and can pretty much never get drunk.

Yeah, sucks. Working with losers of society who make 40k (at the very most) a year will make you question your priorities and get your ass in gear.
Quote by leg end

????....

What is this

Haha it means stupid in England
I meant, why don't you go to SOME univercity, you'll meet so many new people, you won't be missing anyone
News flash.... your high-school buddies aren't the only friends you're going to have in your lifetime. Chances are you'll loose contact completely.
Quote by vitchb
News flash.... your high-school buddies aren't the only friends you're going to have in your lifetime. Chances are you'll loose contact completely.

Without sounding like a dick, but I'm a popular person. I'm friends with pretty much everyone I know and can make friends very easily. But sometimes, you find some people that are just that good and set a standard for everyone else to beat. And beating that standard is going to be pretty hard. You don't know them, it's fine for you to say that.
My best friend recently lost respect for me and won't even talk to me, just get trashed, lost and strung out for a little while.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by vitchb

Quote by vitchb

Quote by vitchb
Chances are you'll loose contact completely.

Quote by vitchb
loose

ಠ_ಠ

I also disagree, I am still in contact with lots of old friends from highschool.

My 2 best friends are studying abroad... I miss them so much.

Hug for you, TS.
Quote by leg end
Two of my best friends went off to uni this morning One of them being the love of my life. I don't get to see them until at least Christmas if I'm lucky. I've always loved being there for my friends and now I can't. Sucks some major ass, brah. Who else is depressed?!

me my girlfriend left yesterday might get to see her once a month if im lucky

and all my mates will be gone by sunday
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Pretty much everyone I know is going off to some university somewhere across the country, which is fine by me because I'm doing the same. I didn't ever have the expectations that I'd keep the friends I made in secondary school and college for life.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Try to stay in contact as much as posible .
Maybe mail them like once every few day , call
or SMS , them .
I'm still in contact whit my higscool friends and it's like
5 yeares since .
And for the bad mood , try to whrite what you fell down
like a song , poem , diary . Things can look different
whriten down . It helped me a lot

The most important thig is newr give up
Quote by vitchb

True.

I mean personally, I wouldn't lose contact with some of them. But some people I went to school with would probably be completely forgotten if it wasn't for facebook.

Like think of it; where have the old days of ''hey isn't that mary from our high school? wow i havent seen her in years, i wonder what shes up to nowadays'', now it's ''hey isnt that mary from high school? oh ya she's doing sociology now, it says on her facebook page, and shes getting married''. You know? It's not the same. Most of us won't get to experience that on a natural level like our parents did. I mean, it's nice not to forget the people you knew, and went to school with. But then again, forgetting (so to speak) about those people, just seems so normal and natural. And if you do meet them again it's great! you talk catch up, the surprise is there, a little excitement with some nostalgia.

I don't know. I think facebook, as really ****ing dumb and corny as it sounds, has actually changed our generations and how we look at each other.

Sounds kindof dumb, this is the kind of thing i would never talk about because it really sounds completely stupid and nonsensical. But hey, it earl-eye in the marnin' and I'm listening to the hip and I'm tired. So there. Blame it on that.
This is how awesome my friends are. I posted this back in March on my b'day. My mates made me this cake for my b'day. By hand from scratch. It's an exact scale copy of the guitar I got for my b'day
Quote by metalblaster
I had that feeling when I was out of school for a year. It's like ''hey **** school!! yeah!! let's go to work every ****ing day and make minimum wage, oh wait! I'm getting 12 bucks an hour now!!! wooowwww I'm so rich!!!'' all while your friends are getting farther in life, having more fun doing it and getting wasted all the time. While you stay at home, completely wrecked and tired from your workday, realising you're not that rich and you have no life and can pretty much never get drunk.

Yeah, sucks. Working with losers of society who make 40k (at the very most) a year will make you question your priorities and get your ass in gear.

You do realize 40k is quite decent right?
Quote by Ic3
Try to stay in contact as much as posible .
Maybe mail them like once every few day , call
or SMS , them .
I'm still in contact whit my higscool friends and it's like
5 yeares since .
And for the bad mood , try to whrite what you fell down
like a song , poem , diary . Things can look different
whriten down . It helped me a lot

The most important thig is newr give up

I would say calling them definitely adds much more concrete value. Even if it's a ''hey how's it going, oh sorry man I'm busy can you call me tomorrow''. At least that person knows you're still thinking of them. I mean a phone call, or a facebook message. The phone call has way more sentimental importance.
Quote by Vitor_vdp

he is probably under the impression that the working class are the 'losers of society'.

Quote by metalblaster
I would say calling them definitely adds much more concrete value. Even if it's a ''hey how's it going, oh sorry man I'm busy can you call me tomorrow''. At least that person knows you're still thinking of them. I mean a phone call, or a facebook message. The phone call has way more sentimental importance.

True

the other are yust in case you can't call them at the moment
Quote by Vitor_vdp

hmmmmmm no.

Depends on where you live. For the most part I would not consider that decent at all. But I'm the type of guy who likes to make money and not be stuck with a 30 year mortgage and still have to retire at 55. That's not a good life to me.

I need my money, and goddammit if i have to spend a penny of it i'm making damn sure its worth it 100%
Quote by leg end
This is how awesome my friends are. I posted this back in March on my b'day. My mates made me this cake for my b'day. By hand from scratch. It's an exact scale copy of the guitar I got for my b'day

That's a cool cake
Quote by leg end

That is amazing I want!

Three of my best friends who graduated last year are in university now and I miss them so much
cat
Quote by metalblaster
hmmmmmm no.

Depends on where you live. For the most part I would not consider that decent at all. But I'm a spoiled brat who likes to make money and not be stuck with a 30 year mortgage and still have to retire at 55. That's not a good life to me.

I need my money, and goddammit if i have to spend a penny of it i'm making damn sure its worth it 100%

fix'd.

Most of my friends are gone abroad. I miss them but I'll manage
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Indeed. What an ignorant individual.

im working class and i don't think id have it any other way

maybe later in life i might want to slow down a bit but for now im enjoying doing a days work and having a laugh at work
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Page 1 of 2