hey guys could use some help, downloaded a software torrent using utorrent and now that its fully downloaded i dont know how to get the program to actually start up and work....if its any help its a rar file i downloaded
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Just a simple question, did you consider using google for help?
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Just a simple question, did you consider using google for help?

did and what it told me to try didnt work
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Zeletros
Extract file, or if it's an image use daemon tools.

extracted it using winrar, but still cant see a way of turning on the program

everytime i click on the icon that appears when extracted it says "the torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
dude, honestly torrents are such a pain in the ass. You have to do so much shit just to get it downloaded let alone get it to play if you can find the files.
Quote by metalblaster
dude, honestly torrents are such a pain in the ass. You have to do so much shit just to get it downloaded let alone get it to play if you can find the files.

Woah there simpleton. Once you learn how to do it it's very quick and easy.

OP, what exactly is contained within the rar?
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Quote by guitar-guy01
extracted it using winrar, but still cant see a way of turning on the program

everytime i click on the icon that appears when extracted it says "the torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

I guess you ignored the 2ond part of my advice.
Quote by OldHairyOne

nah man. I've been doing it for over a year or so now. I won't turn to limewire anymore because of the viruses and shit. But man, it still takes me like 30 minutes to find the song i want, pick out the other songs i don't want, then download it, then figure out where it hides the file, then transfer it into the folder where i want it, then play it, then if it works i can actually confirm it's usable. I just prefer the old fashioned searchbar, download, then click and drag. Those were the days.

And movies, forget that. Half of them don't work because I have the wrong decoder thing or whatever. I get the one which is supposed to do it for any video, but that obviously sounds too easy, as it never works.

Downloading is done for me man, that's it.
Quote by OldHairyOne

the rar is of sibellius

Quote by Zeletros
I guess you ignored the 2ond part of my advice.

wasnt the 2nd half only for if i was downloading an image?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Not trying to be a dick, but isn't this kind of advice illegal guys?

If not, then to the guy who can't play vids: download VLC media player.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by metalblaster
nah man. I've been doing it for over a year or so now. I won't turn to limewire anymore because of the viruses and shit. But man, it still takes me like 30 minutes to find the song i want, pick out the other songs i don't want, then download it, then figure out where it hides the file, then transfer it into the folder where i want it, then play it, then if it works i can actually confirm it's usable. I just prefer the old fashioned searchbar, download, then click and drag. Those were the days.

And movies, forget that. Half of them don't work because I have the wrong decoder thing or whatever. I get the one which is supposed to do it for any video, but that obviously sounds too easy, as it never works.

find torrent you want on pirate bay -> click magnet link -> wait -> profit

doesn't get much easier.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by guitar-guy01

The file you downloaded is the torrent file, not the actual program, when you tried to open it, it starts to download with µTorrent. If you cant even use google to help you with this, you shouldn't be using torrents.

Quote by metalblaster

Torrents are a very easy way to download. Dont use limewire, use bittorrent or utorrent. If its downloading to the wrong folder, just change the directories in the settings
Quote by Limace
The file you downloaded is the torrent file, not the actual program, when you tried to open it, it starts to download with µTorrent. If you cant even use google to help you with this, you shouldn't be using torrents.

its fully downloaded, and attempted extracting it
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by metalblaster

You're missing out. Direct downloading pwns torrenting.

Quote by Kneusje
Not trying to be a dick, but isn't this kind of advice illegal guys?

If not, then to the guy who can't play vids: download VLC media player.

No, only if the file he's trying to download infringes copyright, but torrenting as a whole is not illegal.

Quote by guitar-guy01
the rar is of sibellius

wasnt the 2nd half only for if i was downloading an image?

I don't think he meant a picture image (like .jpg, .png or .bmp), the file might be an ISO or something.
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Sep 18, 2010,