Well UG, I've decided to make a step with with my gear, and to buy myself a "decent" 4x12.

Reason you may ask?

Well, I was playing through an ENGL Powerball stack today, and I thought, well the amp itself was quite "Meh " although. The v30's in the cabinet plus the closed back was quite amazing. I really think that my 6262 212 would benefit from decent speakers and a closed back.

Reason for the 4x12, not a 2x12, I hear people day in day out saying 4x12's sound "fuller" and much better in a band situation. Not sure if that is correct or not...

I also quite like the appearance of a 4x12 rather than a 2x12 on/off stage.

Now, this is the hard part. Finding a reasonably priced 4x12 in Australia...

So the hunt begins...

New/Used: Either, as long as it works (closed back and v30's too) and is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
Budget: $800 Australian MAXIMUM (Although if it's $50> over budget I may be able to make the stretch)
State: Sydney, might make those local pickups a little easier eh?

If all goes well, I may in the future sell the combo and buy the head if I really am pleased with the sound I'm getting through the 4x12.

I know this sounds a little much to ask for from the lovely, caring and nice community, but I'm asking anyways .

Thanks in advance.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Heh, my first question was "Where in oz are you?" But you answered that. There's a cool little studio/music shop in brisbane that is doing Laney Tony Iommi signature cabs for $780 so I guess you could get them at a similar price in sydney. Not sure what they're like but if Tony uses them they must be ok.
Good luck dude, I know how hard it is shopping for gear on a budget in Oz.
It's terrible isn't it Sucks seeing Mesa 4x12's fly for $800~ all day long in the US.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Maybe a used Orange?

There is a store called Gallins guitars somewhere in sydney (I used to do work experience at their sister store here in brissy) and they're having a sale this week I believe, and they stock orange, you might wanna see what they have.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
Maybe a used Orange?

There is a store called Gallins guitars somewhere in sydney (I used to do work experience at their sister store here in brissy) and they're having a sale this week I believe, and they stock orange, you might wanna see what they have.

$1,800 for a straight front. Just a tad over the budget . Never seen the store before, although I shall keep my eyes out for a used one, although CL is dead in Australia.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Bump
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412