Hi guys. We'll be heading into winter here in Canada and I want to grab a instructional video or two. I like Metal and Blues.

There's Youtube and all kinds of other resources out there, but I'd like to get an actual DVD, just so I can follow the lessons.

Any suggestions?
www.licklibrary.com? have a range of books/dvd's/online lessons etc. I've used a couple of their "Jam with ...." Books and CD's which have been good.
My Gear

MIM Fender Strat

Vox AC4 TV
Marshall MG30DFX (now gone! )
Laney VC15 110 on the way!

EHX Small Clone
Marshall Gv'nor II+
Behringer DD100
MXR Dyna Comp
MXR Phase 90

Yamaha FG 411S
Take a look at Marty Friedman's Melodic Control. I found it to be pretty helpful.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Take a look at Marty Friedman's Melodic Control. I found it to be pretty helpful.

I didn't think it was that great to be honest, the whole vid is basically him telling you to follow the chord progression.

I'd +1 to the licklibrary DVD's, they're pretty cool, although make sure the preview of the DVD online before you buy it because they can have some great lessons and then they can have some half-assed lessons.