i have this solid state right now and i tried out my friends combo sometime before. it blew my mind. didnt need any pedals and shit. i want something like that.

i play a bit of progrock a bit of metal so it has to be able to handle good distortion.
but i also want amazing cleans.

also, is it true that tube amps are hard and expensive to maintain?
Quote by Cheesepuff
i have this solid state right now and i tried out my friends combo sometime before. it blew my mind. didnt need any pedals and shit. i want something like that.

i play a bit of progrock a bit of metal so it has to be able to handle good distortion.
but i also want amazing cleans.

also, is it true that tube amps are hard and expensive to maintain?

Peavey Vypyr.

Or Roland Cube.

Not really. They need to be re tubed around once a year, and you have to be careful turning it on/off and while changing volume. And they are unpredictable.
1, What's it for? (Gigging/band practice/home)
2, How much can you spend?
3, Where are you?

I could point you at the Hiwatt HG50 combo for gigging. Its well made, great classic Hiwatt sound, good High Gain channel and cheap for what it is. But its useless for home.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

What is your solid state? What's your friend's combo?

Really need more info as Lurcher says.

Tubes does require care but it's not drastic.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Not really. They need to be re tubed around once a year, and you have to be careful turning it on/off and while changing volume. And they are unpredictable.

Wat?
sorry to bring this thread back up, but instead of making a new thread, ill just reply to the old one i made and had to leave.

for gigging, band practice and home.

my current amp is a laney LG35R and my friends combo was a marshall jcm800 combo. its friggin epic.

but i still dont have money pouring out of me haha so a really great deal would be nice. an amp a little bit bigger the size of my current amp would be nice
Last edited by Cheesepuff at Sep 27, 2010,
Why don't you look into a JCM 800?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."