basically the problem is my strat (legend copy) is bust to hell, it needs a new neck and i havent a clue where to start.

what should i look at to get the right mesurements and how much is it going to cost me for a new neck and tuners etc.

i would like a maple neck with maple fingreboard, is it possible to save this old girl or am i better jsut buying a squire to noodle around on.

i only ask this as i really want the single coil sounds that my other guitars dont provide.

any help is appreciated.
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
You can buy a cheap neck but that is exactly what you are getting. A good neck will run you around $200-400. As far as measurements, if it's a true Strat they wil have the measurements. If not then you need to measure the neck pocket and the length. The decide on the shape of the wood and also the radius. Then you need to decide on which frets. If your guitar is valued below $400 I would just get a new guitar.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Your guitar is only worth 200 dollars (if that), so I would recommend getting a new Squier. It will be way less work/hassle and there's no chance of the guitar having tuning and tonation problems.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
Your guitar is only worth 200 dollars (if that), so I would recommend getting a new Squier. It will be way less work/hassle and there's no chance of the guitar having tuning and tonation problems.

Exactly. Scrounge 300-400 greenbacks together and upgrade altogether.
i think i will go with the new guitar lol, il just frame my old strat haha, thanls every1
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah