News Article
After 19 days of evidence, the seven-member jury at the Dublin City Coroner’s Court returned a narrative verdict, simply describing the circumstances of the death of Dwayne Foster (24), Woodbank Avenue, Finglas, Dublin.

They found Foster had died of methadone intoxication after lying to a doctor about his drugs history.

Foster was found unresponsive in Coolock Garda station in the small hours of March 7th, 2006, and was pronounced dead less than an hour later at Beaumont Hospital.

He had been arrested in connection with the shooting of mother- of-one Donna Cleary (22), who was fatally wounded at a party at Adare Green, Coolock, on March 5th.

Foster was administered methadone on two occasions on March 6th by Dr Peadar Kirke. The doctor prescribed the medication after Foster told him he was a drug addict and was on a methadone treatment programme at Ballymun Clinic and was getting 60mls a day.

However, he was not on the programme and the methadone he took killed him.

The coroner’s examination had demonstrated beyond doubt that serious questions arose from the death.

“The family of Dwayne Foster intend to reflect carefully on the findings of the inquest into his death and consider what options are now open to them. It is hoped that all concerned, especially An Garda Síochána, will do the same,” the statement said.

Ciarán Lawlor, solicitor for Foster’s partner Selena Cannon, said he had already begun civil legal action against the State, An Garda Síochána and Beaumont Hospital. The action was being taken on behalf of Ms Cannon’s and Foster’s three children and included claims of negligence and breach of duty.

So basically, this Dwayne Foster murders a young mother, and commits suicide by state-administered methadone overdose. Solicitor Michael Finucane is representing Foster's family who are attempting to sue the Irish State.

Maybe the Pit can inject some common sense into this story!
Omg,
Just tell them to GTFO.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
they have no case, the dude LIED to the doctor... people are stupid
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
My friend knew him
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by bass-man9712
they have no case, the dude LIED to the doctor... people are stupid

It was still the doctor who gave him the drug without looking for evidence of the program. This is why chemists ask for a prescription, so that any addict doesn't come in looking for valium and codeine.
What's not to understand?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by Caressing Death
It was still the doctor who gave him the drug without looking for evidence of the program. This is why chemists ask for a prescription, so that any addict doesn't come in looking for valium and codeine.
What's not to understand?

He still lied to the doctor, isn't that also illegal?
Quote by hairypineapple
My least favourite thing about Ireland is the scumbags.. Jesus Christ, what a bunch of f*cking retards

i know, ****ing Ireland, goddammit. get yourself together.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by TomusAM
He still lied to the doctor, isn't that also illegal?

not very clever? yes. Illegal? no. At least not in my country.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Highway60Bob
i know, ****ing Ireland, goddammit. get yourself together.

Ireland has been trying to get itself together for a couple hundred years now.
HEYOOOOO

Ok, bad jokes over.

Belfast scumbags are a lot worse than southern ones. I guarantee it.
There is more to the case than this.
Firstly, he seems to have been beaten fairly severely during his arrest. This isn't something that I like to see, there's too much of this shit from gardai who think that arresting someone gives them the right to beat them senseless
"Foster did not go easily. It took three gardaí to subdue him, and Det Sgt Cormac Brennan admitted there was “an element of force used”. The postmortem later found 39 marks and bruises on his body, some of which were sustained during the arrest."
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0918/1224279172882.html

Secondly, why was the doctor unable to contact the clinic? This is absolutely insane that there is no way of contacting these clinics after hours.

Dr Peadar Kirke attended him at 10.15am. He told the doctor he was a drug addict on a methadone programme at a clinic in Ballymun. He needed 60ml of the drug a day, he said. The doctor tried to confirm the facts with the clinic, but could not make contact.

Foster was not listed with the clinic or on any methadone programme. But he persuaded Dr Kirke he was, and he agreed to give him half the dose he sought.

The Doctor shouldn't have administered such a dose till he could confirm that the suspect was on such a treatment programme. If he'd said he needed Warfarin would the drug have been administered without confirmation? There is also the issue that he wasn't able to contact the clinic, that's what needs to be fixed here.

The solution that's being proffered to ensure this doesn't happen again worries me. Part of it is giving the Gardai access to who is receiving methadone treatment, I don't think the Gardai need such information.
There may be a case here to sue the state, if only to get a better investigation into what happened. The fact that the guy was a scumbag doesn't make it ok that he died in Police custody.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
This sounds like something that usually only happens in the good old USA. You thought the English were bad, wait until the Liberals take over. Not only will you get no potaters, you'll feel guilty for wanting them in the first place.

See that!? It's no wonder we drink!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

He murdered a young mother, I do believe he deserved capital punishment. He would have received it in prison anyway. I don't care how many marks and bruises he had.

I feel for her family.
Quote by mystical_1
This sounds like something that usually only happens in the good old USA. You thought the English were bad, wait until the Liberals take over. Not only will you get no potaters, you'll feel guilty for wanting them in the first place.

See that!? It's no wonder we drink!

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE