Do you think it is possible to learn the major scale shape (in the key of C) in a day?
I'm just wondering if I could possibly learn it today, if I go over it for a few hours, or if you think its best for me to pace myself.
Thanks
Tom
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
If you know your notes on the fretboard, and know the theory behind the scale, it's possible.
If you just learn it by heart i'd suggest you'd break it up in chunks like one box a day
In a few hours, Sure! I learned them all in triplet box form, 3 notes per string...you might not get it totally down concreted in your head, but a few hours should get you pretty far...
do you think putting small stickers on the fretboard is a good/bad idea for grasping where the notes are?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Okay, cheers man
Gear:
Snark Headstock tuner!
Well, I guess you "could" learn it. But whether you'd remember it the next day is something else. True learning comes from repetition and application of a skill, not merely being introduced to it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud