Hey all

Im currently in a band which wants to do a cover of afterlife by Avenged sevenfold which is incredible hard to play for the guitarist (i.e. me) and to play it live would be crazy hard i assume (never played a gig)

do you think that this good enough for live playing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaRvfybX-w

or will we have to change song? the band say its OK but im nt too sure.

and how could you play it live? as standing up playing that is about 100times harder.

Cheers!
if you don't feel comfortable playing it, i would leave it and do another, seeing as it's your first gig start out easy with songs you're realy confident with then when you get more confident gigging increase the difficulty
Quote by Andy81
Hey all

Im currently in a band which wants to do a cover of afterlife by Avenged sevenfold which is incredible hard to play for the guitarist (i.e. me) and to play it live would be crazy hard i assume (never played a gig)

do you think that this good enough for live playing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaRvfybX-w

or will we have to change song? the band say its OK but im nt too sure.

and how could you play it live? as standing up playing that is about 100times harder.

Cheers!

First of all, threads like this belong in the Musician Talk/Bandleading forums.

To the topic at hand. You seem to have the rhythm parts down. If the rest of the band can play the song as well as you can, then yes. You already know the solo is your weak point, just practice it dude, you can get it. Practice is all you can really do.

If you're having trouble playing standing up, your guitar is too low. Raise it. I used to play mine fairly low when I first started. The better I got at guitar, it got progressively higher. Try having the guitar centered around your belly-button area. If that's still giving you problems, bring it up higher. You'll look more foolish with your guitar slung down to your ballsack and making sloppy mistakes than you ever will playing it at a more reasonable, comfortable, and practical level.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.