Hello,

I have been looking for a nice tube amp for a while now. (trying to upgrade from my solid state Fender amp) What I am looking for is a great Fender clean tone and a drive channel good for blues. I like the fender hot rod deluxe. but people have told me the drive channel is worthless. I have a digitech bad monkey. I know its not a tube screamer but would it sound better then then the drive channel?

i do not want to spend more then 550$. and I am fine with buying amps used. actually, I would prefer buying i nicer amp used then buying lower end amp new.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
i like the drive on a hot rod deluxe. if you tweak it right it sounds pretty good. you won't get the marshall OD or anything really thick but its pretty good for a lot of sounds. check some youtube videos and get a better idea. plus you can use your bad monkey and/or buy another dirt pedal later on if necessary.
this is better suited in guitar gear and accesories.
also we need more info, such as what do you play>
where do you live?
yeah, sorry about that. This is the first thing i have posted on this website.

I play blues and a little rock.
And i live in cedar rapids iowa.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
OK, when you're going to post a thread in GG&A (Which I highly suggest you do)

Post your:
Budget
Closest major city
Styles (name artists)
Whether you're willing to go used or not.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.