MXR 10 Band EQ is pretty nice. I've got it for boosts, and I can add mids so it cuts through really nicely. 12dB volume add or takeaway, same for gain and all the bands.

When I use it with the "mid hump" I put the volume to about 12 and the gain to 8, which works really well.

It'd probably help to say your gear though, as different players will need different things, I'm a pedal user so an overdrive woulnd't have worked.
Most people use EQ's and OD's, but I personally use a compressor. I love the effect it has on solos, it makes your single notes really stand out, gives you a bunch of clarity and really helps you cut through.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
An EHX Lpb-1......
what's your budget, and what type of a boost do you want? do you want it to be transparent? do you want to get some clipping from the pedal too? etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?