Hello,

I have been looking for a nice tube amp for a while now. (trying to upgrade from my solid state Fender amp) What I am looking for is a great Fender clean tone and a drive channel good for blues. I like the fender hot rod deluxe. but people have told me the drive channel is worthless. I have a digitech bad monkey. I know its not a tube screamer but would it sound better then then the drive channel?

i do not want to spend more then 550$. and I am fine with buying amps used. actually, I would prefer buying a nicer amp used then buying lower end amp new.

I live in cedar rapids and I play blues and a little rock.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or a Fender Deville. I personally think the Hot Rod Deluxe is a great amp.
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Vox AC4TV?

yeah, i looked at that. but is does not have the power i want/need.
I play in a band with an acoustic drum set, so i need at least 20 watts.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
traynor ycv40? much better od channel than the fender, but the cleans might not be just as nice. Judgement call, kind of thing. For me (and assuming they're a similar price), the traynor is way better. It's pretty much the obvious choice for "HRD with a better overdrive channel"...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?