Hey all, so I've got a pretty basic Protools rig set up for recording but I've really gotten into using two amps at once, the problem here is that I like to use two mics, but my box only allows for two inputs at once, and it only has one XLR cable, so i had to get an XLR->TRS cable so i could use a second mic.

What I'm looking for is a small mixing console, doesn't need to have many channels at all since I record by myself. But i would like the console to be of good quality, so if you guys could recommend me some small mixers, maybe 4-8 channels that are nicely built that would be great!

Money isn't really an issue but nothing over maybe $500. I will only be using this for recording at home.

Thanks!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Mackie makes some quality mixers. That would be my vote but I am sure there are better recommendations available.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
all right thanks ill look at those
Lets jump in a pool

Mackie for quality. I have a Behringer 1002FX, 2 mono + 4 stereo inputs and it does a fine job. Didn't even cost a finger and a toe. Not pro quality perhaps but good for home demos.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Mbox-2-USB-AudioMIDI-Pro-Tools-LE-Interface?sku=240479
under $500, 2 xlr inputs, and pro tools compatible.

if you really want just a mixer, i would go with peavey. ive got one of their mixers, very solid quality.
Quote by jof1029
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Mbox-2-USB-AudioMIDI-Pro-Tools-LE-Interface?sku=240479
under $500, 2 xlr inputs, and pro tools compatible.

if you really want just a mixer, i would go with peavey. ive got one of their mixers, very solid quality.

see the trouble with that is i already have an mbox mini, if i was to upgrade i would get probably the 11 rack or the 003

And I'm looking for 4 XLRs
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet at Sep 18, 2010,
that kinda what i figured and was (semi-)joking with that.

for mixers, ive got a peavey pv6, which is a very nice solid mixer. i dont like that it doesnt have sliders for each channel (just the master), but thats pretty much all i dont like. stepping up to the 10 gets you sliders for each channel. mackie is solid as well, but i dont have much experience with them. same thing with yamaha. not too much else i would look at in small mixer myself.

if all you are looking for is 2 xlr ins, you might want to consider a 2 channel mic preamp. run each preamp into the line inputs (like i assume you would do with the mixer).
Quote by jof1029
that kinda what i figured and was (semi-)joking with that.

for mixers, ive got a peavey pv6, which is a very nice solid mixer. i dont like that it doesnt have sliders for each channel (just the master), but thats pretty much all i dont like. stepping up to the 10 gets you sliders for each channel. mackie is solid as well, but i dont have much experience with them. same thing with yamaha. not too much else i would look at in small mixer myself.

if all you are looking for is 2 xlr ins, you might want to consider a 2 channel mic preamp. run each preamp into the line inputs (like i assume you would do with the mixer).

ya i was looking at the peavery 6, i dont care too much for the sliders since i can turn knobs and its not like im in a rush to adjust the levels.
Lets jump in a pool