Page 1 of 2
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/17/2010-09-17_city_rejects_judges_plan_for_new_fdny_hires_charges_proposals_enforce_racial_quo.html

A while back no or very few black people passed the FDNY test, so guess what that means? The test was racist obviously! And now hiring the best people for the job is fine, as long as those include a certain number of minorities, even if they are less qualified. Please tell me other people have the sense to realize that this is bullshit. Crippled people say all the time that they want to be treated like everyone else. Why can't minorities take the same mindset?
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
Because being a minority can actually make you MORE retarded than a crippled person.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
this thread will not end well...

Last edited by danielh123. at Sep 18, 2010,
It's been like that in the UK for ages. All about numbers. Police officers, teachers, all sorts. There has to be some black people in a lot of professions otherwise it is indeed racist. Somehow. It's not a law but the twats up top have to tell people what they want to hear
Well, I don't like it because if they can't pass the test, why should they be allowed to do whatever it is?

Regardless of ethnicity, it's ridiculous.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

It makes no sense, is extremely dangerous, and is going to cost a LOAD of money.

But that's how the U.S.A. rolls, bitches.
They fight for equal rights. They get it. Good. They should. But they should get rights equal to everyone else too!
The fact is, giving them the job because of there race is wrong.

I quote Morgan Freeman: The only way to stop racism, is to stop talking about it.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Hooray for reverse discrimination!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I laughed SO hard at OJ :P
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Nah, **** that. It's not reverse discrimination, it is discrimination.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
If you're not qualified you shouldn't get the job.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
You know what? This reminds me eerily of a scene from American History X.

What's hilarious is that racists love that movie for some odd reason, even though it's so obviously against it.
Quote by Neal5189
Nah, **** that. It's not reverse discrimination, it is discrimination.

Reverse discrimination is discrimination. It just has a positive spin on it because it's helping black and hispanic people and hurting society, instead of helping white people and hurting society.
Quote by Holy Katana

What's hilarious is that racists love that movie for some odd reason, even though it's so obviously against it.

the dad was ranting about affirmative action.

which is a very old subject. I think it already served it's purpose as a foot in the door. 30 years ago.
Quote by gizmodious
If you're not qualified you shouldn't get the job.

Racist.

Quote by phlip999

Reverse discrimination is discrimination. It just has a positive spin on it because it's helping black and hispanic people and hurting society, instead of helping white people and hurting society.

The point was the distinction people draw between discrimination and "reverse discrimination" should not be made.
Quote by Holy Katana

I'm guessing its because edward norton curb stops that stupid nig-

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
it's like they're fishing for the right thing to stop racism where it actually isn't... "hey guys, we did this, i think we fixed it! ... no? oh well, carry on, we'll get it next time"
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by RU Experienced?

The point was the distinction people draw between discrimination and "reverse discrimination" should not be made.

That's what I said, but with more words. Or maybe it just made sense to me.

Anyway, I agree. There is no difference.
from article
The Vulcan lawyer said he was "perplexed" by the city's position.

Did anyone else notice this?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by phlip999
That's what I said, but with more words. Or maybe it just made sense to me.

Anyway, I agree. There is no difference.

So why did you quote his post and when you were in agreement with him?
Quote by RPExecutor
it's like they're fishing for the right thing to stop racism where it actually isn't... "hey guys, we did this, i think we fixed it! ... no? oh well, carry on, we'll get it next time"

More like; "hey guys, I have the perfect way to stop racism, more racism" "Brilliant"
Quote by RU Experienced?
So why did you quote his post and when you were in agreement with him?

I thought he was saying that , instead of being reverse discrimination, it was actual discrimination.

I got confused. It happens a lot with me and people on the internet.
TS, you are a moron....
Just because black people failed the test doesn't mean it's racist. It means they failed because they are stupid, I'm sure many dumb ass white people failed too. If black people think we hate them and we owe them something for having them as slaves they need to get the **** over it.
Not many white people actually truly hate blacks and the ones who do are just crazy rednecks. Also we don't owe them a god damn thing for using them as slaves, yeah it was awful that they were treated like shit but so were tons of European immigrants, but the Europeans don't keep bitching and saying shit like "oh you just hate me because i'm Irish". it is really truly ****ing annoying how minorities can just say anything they want and they get it for being a minority... that in itself seems rather racist if you ask me, wanting extra things just because your skin is different colored...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
This is why people who don't understand tests shouldn't make laws about tests.

It's not possible to have a culture-free test. But you can't have different tests for different applicants. So it's gonna be unfair for somebody, so how do you fix that? You use test theories to correct the test's error. This scares white people because it sounds like what they did for their own benefit when it was okay to discriminate against black people, but it's really not the same thing, but they made it illegal to use a test that you have to "correct." So not only can we not have a culture-free test, we can't eliminate the cultural bias mathematically to avoid "reverse discrimination," and the result is arbitrary quotas. Hooray!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by vanhailin
TS, you are a moron....
Just because black people failed the test doesn't mean it's racist. It means they failed because they are stupid, I'm sure many dumb ass white people failed too. If black people think we hate them and we owe them something for having them as slaves they need to get the **** over it.
Not many white people actually truly hate blacks and the ones who do are just crazy rednecks. Also we don't owe them a god damn thing for using them as slaves, yeah it was awful that they were treated like shit but so were tons of European immigrants, but the Europeans don't keep bitching and saying shit like "oh you just hate me because i'm Irish". it is really truly ****ing annoying how minorities can just say anything they want and they get it for being a minority... that in itself seems rather racist if you ask me, wanting extra things just because your skin is different colored...

He was being sarcastic. It's obvious that you and him have the exact same views on the subject.

Second, I'm going to say something that's going to get a lot of backlash: I think that reparations are a good idea.
All I got out of that was "The Vulcan lawyer said...". Since when did Vulcans exist?
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
I'd say maybe monetary reparations are fine, not anything else though. It pisses me off when someone who's is black fails a test in school but get a boost in their grade anyway because a certain amount of blacks must pass or the school is racist

Note: I am not racist
You should only get a job if you have the ability to do the job, physically and mentally. Nothing else matters. But then the world is full of idiots.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Cheeselord
I'd say maybe monetary reparations are fine, not anything else though. It pisses me off when someone who's is black fails a test in school but get a boost in their grade anyway because a certain amount of blacks must pass or the school is racist

Note: I am not racist

I meant monetary reparations.
Quote by SteveHouse
This is why people who don't understand tests shouldn't make laws about tests.

It's not possible to have a culture-free test. But you can't have different tests for different applicants. So it's gonna be unfair for somebody, so how do you fix that? You use test theories to correct the test's error. This scares white people because it sounds like what they did for their own benefit when it was okay to discriminate against black people, but it's really not the same thing, but they made it illegal to use a test that you have to "correct." So not only can we not have a culture-free test, we can't eliminate the cultural bias mathematically to avoid "reverse discrimination," and the result is arbitrary quotas. Hooray!

I'm sure conservative white folk would have plenty to say about the adjustment/balancing of test scores to eliminate cultural bias.

Quote by phlip999
I thought he was saying that , instead of being reverse discrimination, it was actual discrimination.

I got confused. It happens a lot with me and people on the internet.

Interpretation is tricky business.

Quote by Cheeselord
It pisses me off when someone who's is black fails a test in school but get a boost in their grade anyway because a certain amount of blacks must pass or the school is racist

When has this happened in recent history?
Not sure this is a good idea, but affirmative action can be very useful. It is discrimination, but the fact is, the playing field is far from level in the first place - just because they don't get as openly abused as we do, minorities still have it worse than us.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm sure conservative white folk would have plenty to say about the adjustment/balancing of test scores to eliminate cultural bias.

Guess who makes laws!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2