So I take guitar class in high school and usually I bring my acoustic but a lot of the stuff I like to play is uncomfortable on an acoustic especially with no cutaway. So I've been looking to buy a mini amp so I can take my electric. I need something that can easily fit in my backpack. Any recommendations?
what about the marshall (ms-2) micro stack?
Last edited by syklone at Sep 18, 2010,
Quote by syklone
what about the marshall (ms-2) micro stack?

Was about to mention that, for its price and size it doesnt seem that bad..
My friend has an MS-2 but the battery comes loose all the time. I read some reviews and seems to be a common problem
my ms-2 does, but i lost the thing that holds the battery in place. i've not had any problems with mine, for 20 quid who can complain?
i use mine for gcse music, it doesnt often let me down.
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
The Orange mini amp sounds good enough that people record with it. The downside is that the case is notorious for falling apart.

Anyway, if you need to have the amp at school, just measure the dimensions of your locker and get a small amp that will fit inside. There’s plenty of small solid-state and modeling amps out there that will fit in a locker and be much better than a mini amp.
Oooo. That Orange mini amp looks really nice. There are no lockers at my school unless you're on the football team so I have to carry it around with me.

Though where does the battery go? I want to be able to hook up a 9v adaptor to it
Last edited by Sme11thegl0ve at Sep 18, 2010,
what size is your backpack? can you fit a microcube (tried; nice) or vox da5 (haven't tried; it's meant to be nice too) in there?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
How loud do you need it to get?

I'd recommend the ZT Lunchbox.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Sme11thegl0ve
It's just a normal Standard jansport backpack.

i have no idea what that is
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i have no idea what that is

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
this is probably going round and round in circles, but...

could you fit a microcube in that?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do you have an iphone/ipod touch, because if you do either look at amplitude or the peavey simulator + kit.