i am lookin for a new guitar.. ive been playing for almost a year, im pretty good, and ive been stuck with a squier bullet and peavey transtube audition this whole time... my only problem is money, but im pretty sure in the next couple months ill be able to scrape together $350, $225 for guitar and $125 for amp. any suggestions? im looking to get a PEAVEY VYPYR 15 combo. and im very much considering the Dean MLX since ive heard good things about it and its $220. soo yeah thanks in advance
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
Probably something used... But the Vypyr 15 should do you just fine.

What are your playing styles?
I have the MLX, and I love it to death, but Deans are REALLY hit-and-miss quality-wise(hence why most people here hate them), so I'd try it in the store first. I find it to be the most comforable guitar I've ever played, but, idiot I was I ordered online, and it got here with one pickup IN the pickup cavity, one almost touching the pickups, the nut horribly cut(going to get a new one for it today, actually) and one pickup and the switch not soldered in. Regardless, now I've got it fixed up, and it's deffo the best low-mid-range guitar I've played feel-wise, and it sounds great, but then, feel is subjective.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Don't get the 15. If you want an amp that will last you a long time, get the 30. Don't buy new. You can get the 30 used for $150. It's a far superior amp to the 15. The 15 is a starter amp, not a valid upgrade to what you have now. The 30 dwarfs it in features and capabilities.

The guitar is up to you, but also, if you want a real upgrade, don't look new. Ebay and Craigs List are your friends.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Since you're considering an MLX, I'm guessing you're a metal player? If so, try a used Ibanez RG.
Your sig tells me you're a Megadeth fan.

Try the VMNTX. You'll probably need to go through quite a few to find a decent one, but they've got some nice ones.

Also look into the Squier Telecaster Custom. It's hands-down one of the top guitars in its price range.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
rondomusic.com There is no place better to get a good budget guitar.
I can say that the WRL 590, WRL 340, Debeo Octanis, and any of the Agiles LP's are great for the prices. Also it seems that lately the SX line has been stepping up a bit in quality.
i play metal, metallica, megadeth, lamb of god, and of course pantera. i play grunge. i play rock. you know the good stuff. ;] .. will very much look into a used vypyr 30. um and about the ibanez RG series idk about em the only ive seen are the rg120 and i hav zero trust in that guitar. from the youtube videos ive seen im pretty convinced the MLX is better. so yeah thankss also what are your veiws on the BC RICH warbeast?
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)