I'm looking at buying a pair of monitors for my home studio. I don't need anything that fancy; I just want to be able to mix my home recordings decently. My budget is around $200 per monitor. I was looking at the KRK Rokit 6 and the Rokit 8 mainly, but I've read good things about the Yamaha HS50M as well. Are the Rokit 8's really worth the extra money compared the Rokit 6? Thanks for the help.
I didn't like the Rokit 8's much, too much bass and too much midrange for my tastes. I prefer the M-Audio BX5A's. Have a very good tight bass response, a good amount of midrange and a pretty good amount of treble. I didn't try the Yamaha HS50M's but I did hear good things about them.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by RBM01991
I didn't like the Rokit 8's much, too much bass and too much midrange for my tastes. I prefer the M-Audio BX5A's. Have a very good tight bass response, a good amount of midrange and a pretty good amount of treble. I didn't try the Yamaha HS50M's but I did hear good things about them.

+1

I currently have them (the BX5a Deluxe) and they sound fantastic. They are fairly affordable too.
I loves my Rockit 5's like no other.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I've read the Rokit 5's G2 are the best in the price range. From a few different places.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch