Page 1 of 2
Since the opposite thread was a hate fueled trollfest I decided to make the better thread.

So, what band/artist do you think are intresting.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
The Fall are interesting.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I'm diggin Periphery right now, with or without vocals.

Intronaut is definitely another band to check out!
Early Biffy Clyro, first 3 albums are beautiful, now they're turning indie-pop.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Listening to Congratulations by MGMT again. I really like it/ find it interesting.

As far as most interesting.. it depends on my mood. No one in particular.
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Interesting? probably Opeth for their use of dissonant chords and non conventional songwriting. Also Rush for accomplishing what a 5 person band does, but with only 3 people. Tool, their music just flows.
it's hard to say which band is the "best" or the most "unique" because of all the bands out there and all the differing opinions. i myself usually listen to Punk so one would expect me to pick The Clash or Blink-182 or Green Day which are some of my favorite bands. However, the most "interesting" band i would say is Linkin Park. they're the only thing close to rap i'll listen to, but it's really amazing stuff
I find that every time I listen to Bear Vs. Shark's Terrorhawk I hear something new. It's not 'progressive', it's not 'artsy', and it's not 'indie'. It's just simple music that in my opinion is perfect in composition. It is NOT accessible at all. The vocals are to be appreciated not for their trained sound (they sound terrible) but for the unsubtle hints of emotion in the way he speaks, the way he yells, and the way he pains to sing. The guitar and bass are not be appreciated for technical prowess (there is very little) but for creativity. The drums are essential to the music, and if you listen closely you'll hear a lot of technically satisfying bits.

I recommend the album to anyone. Always listen from start to finish.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by guitar12
jeremy hendrik

Jerome Hendry*

At least spell it right...
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Pink Floyd - The instrumentation is far from complex, but the harmonic content works on dozens of levels for me.

Ok Go - They're pretty much only known for the awesome that is their music videos, but I rather like the strange, mildly-avant garde style they take musically as well.

Jethro Tull - Take what I said about Pink Floyd, and amplify it about ten times.

Jeff Beck - Ladies and gentlemen, there's a reason Jesus doesn't play guitar. It's because if he did, he'd get depressed that even though he's Jesus and all that shizzle, Jeff Beck's still better than he is.

Bruce Springsteen - Beyond the interesting instrumentation provided by a horn section, a lead saxophone player, a drummer, a secondary percussionist, four guitarists, a bassist, an organ player, an accordion player, a harmonica player, a synth player, two piano players, and a singer, the storytelling aspect of Bruce's songwriting always gets my mind working.

Rush - Mainly beating Fassa to the punch, but admittedly there aren't many other places to go for verbose progressive rock with kickass instrumentation.

The Beatles - I'll just say to look at my avatar and not bore you beyond that.

Kansas - Rush meets Jethro Tull. Rough, but working analogy for someone lazy like me.

Frank Zappa - Frank is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the coolest, strangest, funniest, smartest, silliest, and most brilliant musicians, lyricists and composers to come out of rock so far. Will better come along? Time will tell, but for now, nearly 20 years after his death, he still has enough unreleased material that he's releasing an average of two albums a year.

Peter Frampton - Too many people just know him for Comes Alive!, Fingerprints is one of my favourite albums, and really shows the skill of someone too often just tossed aside as a 70's pop/rock singer.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Imaginative neoclassical! I like Yngwie, but he can get pretty bland at times. That barely happens for me with TSO.

Queen - It's Queen. The fact you want an explanation clearly shows you don't listen to enough Queen. Go listen to some Queen.

Weird Al - Say what you will, but anyone with the ability to segue the styles of Green Day, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, showtunes, polka medleys of contemporary hits, Nirvana, Frank Zappa, Eminem, Rage Against The Machine, Queen, The Doors, The Beach Boys, and still have time to out-Devo Devo is far beyond "interesting".
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Pink Floyd - The instrumentation is far from complex, but the harmonic content works on dozens of levels for me.

This is what never ceases to amaze me about Pink Floyd. Their music is so incredibly simple and overwhelmingly complex at the same time. It's incredible.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Opeth - The composition of their songs are intriguing and just sound so captivating.

Rush - They can make odd time signatures flow so well.

Buckethead - The fact that he has made music in so many genres and can play so many instruments.

Symphony X - Their mixture of symphonic elements with prog metal and power metal is just awesome to me.

Rhapsody of Fire - The very heavy symphonic elements mixed with Power Metal and a Story makes their albums a very interesting experience to me.
Dream Theater, Symphony X.

Oh, and Rush
just kidding fassa
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Buckethead, Arnold Schoenberg, Queens of the Stone Age, Dillinger Escape Plan, Kyuss, and Death Cube K just to name a few.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Arab Strap - Every song is a story and I love a half decent story. The music's quite nice as well.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by Damage Case
it's hard to say which band is the "best" or the most "unique" because of all the bands out there and all the differing opinions. i myself usually listen to Punk so one would expect me to pick The Clash or Blink-182 or Green Day which are some of my favorite bands. However, the most "interesting" band i would say is Linkin Park. they're the only thing close to rap i'll listen to, but it's really amazing stuff

Quote by Damage Case

Not sure if serious.
Neutral Milk Hotel. Favorite band of all time, Jeff Mangum's lyrics are brilliant

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

I think Harry Nilsson is very versatile, and unpredictable. I'm surprised he isn't more well known.
Quote by necrosis1193

Peter Frampton - Too many people just know him for Comes Alive!, Fingerprints is one of my favourite albums, and really shows the skill of someone too often just tossed aside as a 70's pop/rock singer.

Weird Al - Say what you will, but anyone with the ability to segue the styles of Green Day, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, showtunes, polka medleys of contemporary hits, Nirvana, Frank Zappa, Eminem, Rage Against The Machine, Queen, The Doors, The Beach Boys, and still have time to out-Devo Devo is far beyond "interesting".

It's kinda funny that this thread contains like 90% of the bands/artists mentioned in the "Most boring band/artist" thread.
Yes my username is my real name. I did that because I've got BALLS

Quote by CG Man16
But we all know gay people want to rape every straight male they see.... Especially children, all gay people are pedophiles. Fact.

Quote by Gyroscope
*lists favorite bands*

Pretty much...

Tool
Isis
Meshuggah
Hacride
Gojira
Nightwish
Any Progressive Trance artist
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Sep 20, 2010,
The Dear Hunter

Pretty much any jazz music. It's all just so interesting.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
muse
the fall of troy
fall out boy
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Alexi Laiho in late 90s early 2000s was amazingly accurate and fast. Very unique songwriting.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Page 1 of 2