What is the tab for this moved down a step?

3string ---9-----
4string ---x----
5string ---9-----

I'm trying to transpose a song to standard tuning. The current tuning on the mentioned strings for the song is 5th-A#, 4th-D# and 3rd-G#.

Much thanks
uhm...

3string ---7-----
4string ---x----
5string ---7-----

that's your tab moved down a step
and...

3string ---10---
4string ---x----
5string ---10---

that's your tab in standard tuning (ADG in stead of A#D#G#, i.e. up a half-step)
Last edited by malephik at Sep 18, 2010,
Quote by malephik
uhm...

3string ---7-----
4string ---x----
5string ---7-----

that's your tab moved down a step
and...

3string ---10---
4string ---x----
5string ---10---

that's your tab in standard tuning (ADG in stead of A#D#G#, i.e. up a half-step)

Really? Wow I'm so confused then... I thought if for example A# to get it to A would just involve moving it down one fret? o.O Theory is so confusing xD
Quote by BurstAlive
Really? Wow I'm so confused then... I thought if for example A# to get it to A would just involve moving it down one fret? o.O Theory is so confusing xD

Yes that's right. You however asked for a "step" which usually refers to 1 full tone.

Each fret represents a semi-tone. So a "step" is two frets.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Yes that's right. You however asked for a "step" which usually refers to 1 full tone.

Each fret represents a semi-tone. So a "step" is two frets.

3string ---10---
4string ---x----
5string ---10---

So is this my tab moved down half a step ie. to Standard Tuning?
well thats actually up a halfstep, if you were to play that on a standard tuned guitar just change the 9's to 8's.

that would be down a halfstep, what youre trying to play. sorry Im really hungover and can't type well
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Quote by Your_Dad
well thats actually up a halfstep, if you were to play that on a standard tuned guitar just change the 9's to 8's.

Indeed. "Down" a half step = lower note. "Up" a half step = higher note.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud