i just bought a used digitech hardwire cm-2 overdrive pedal from a local music store.now i just wont to make sure i aint missing something but i took the footswitch off placed a new 9v battery in there but when i push the footswitch down nothing happens.I have left the footswitch off and pushed the bottun inside and still nothing.am i missing something or is it defective?

EDIT:i dont have the power supply for it
Last edited by brender at Sep 18, 2010,
Is the pedal actually plugged into your rig? A lot of pedals won't turn on unless they have cables connected to them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have tryed it connected to my rig and i have now tryed it with an adapter.I guess it just doesnt work so i am taking it back.

also would using an adapter that has the opposite polarity blow it up?
i didnt do that i was just wondering so i can try and figure out what might be wrong with it.
Didn't you try it at the store?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the guy ask me if i wanted to but i said no because i already knew what they sounded like and i didnt think he would be selling something that was broken
Can you take it back?

I was going to say, that shouldn't be possible, but I thought you got it at GC. But I looked and you just said a local music store. That's not good. There's a chance they won't take it back, but you should still try anyway.

It's a real pain in the ass to fix pedals.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah i am going to take it back monday when they open.if they dont take it back i will be super pissed.