So yesterday, I was at the Long & McQuade in St. John's, NL, and I was playing this beautiful purple PRS. I figured out it was a Paul Allender Signature when I got home, but realized there wasn't a purple, only red and green. Can someone explain this to me? Is it just an old model or something?
Yes, it's a discontinued colour; they were only available in the purple at first. I prefer it myself but seeing as how I don't like the feel of PRS it really doesn't matter
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yes, it's a discontinued colour; they were only available in the purple at first. I prefer it myself but seeing as how I don't like the feel of PRS it really doesn't matter

Hahaha, okay thanks man.
They made some big differences in the new model, by adding EMG active pickups to it, and of course the new finishes.

I would personally prefer the old model.. If I had a chance to grab a Purple Paul Allender SE, I would..
The purple ones >>>>>>> teh new ones.

The quilt top on the purple model was amazing in person. I can't say the same for the flame tops on the new ones.
Quote by siverstorm
The purple ones >>>>>>> teh new ones.

The quilt top on the purple model was amazing in person. I can't say the same for the flame tops on the new ones.

Psssh. You just hate actives.

I think the green finish is one of the most amazing finishes I've seen yet. And I think it's pretty cool that it has an 81TW/89 combo.

Though, I don't know if he really uses actives or passives. CoF's guitarwork sounds more like passives to me, but I don't know for sure.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X