Proposed build: an amp.

So far I have a jack, a speaker, and a switch. I don't have any idea how to do the wiring, and I'd want to just do it so the only control is the switch (on/off). Would anyone mind telling me what the resistors/capacitors/potentiometers would be needed for a 8 ohm, 25 watt speaker. And...how to wire it.
if this is your first build id build something smaller first. id start with building pedals.

your likely to destroy all your parts, costing you more than you would spend on a new amp.
I have electronic experience already and if i destroy my parts, o well. There goes a crappy jack, a dollar speaker, and an old light switch. And thanks sonic, but I was hoping to radioshack it (radioshack is a verb there). And no tubes please. Solid. I don't care if it sounds awful.
Try the Ruby, or Little gem,
Or,
The Noisy Cricket at beavisaudio.com
They're all 1 watt, and good for a first time. All parts for the Noisy Cricket can be found at Radioshack.
..I was watching my death.
Just built a PP-18 using info on Ampmaker site ( www.ampmaker.com ). Sounds fantastic!!
It's got all you need, wiring diagrams, schematics, photo's, even an online build manual.

Just do it!!
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)