do think a Tele would be ok for flipping? or should i just stick with a flipped Strat?
i like the Tele shape better, but the Strat would have better fret access for being flipped
what do YOU think?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Yeah, I'd just go with a lefty Tele, Fender makes all their standard Tele models in lefty at no extra charge IIRC, and a righty bridge's sorta hard to set lety intonation on. So I'd just gt a lefty, but honestly, if you HAD to go flipped, I'd go Tele too, Strats are a nightmare flipped.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Vacuity
Flipped tele wouldn't work because it's a single cut

It would work, just ineffectively.

As one lefty to another, I would go with the lefty built guitar (kind of wrong to say so on the day of Jimi Hendirx's death). You also would have to purchase a new nut for the guitar as well with a Tele, the neck is oddly shaped for a lefty guitarist. It wouldn't be all too comfortable.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
well, im thinking of getting a knockoff, and using it for "extreme" modding
i wont have enough money for a real tele for a years ahaha
ive always liked the idea of a flipped guitar, is it really that uncomfortable?
what about a Jaguar/Jazzmaster style body?
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Last edited by Dr.Tong at Sep 18, 2010,
Quote by Dr.Tong

ive always liked the idea of a flipped guitar, is it really that uncomfortable?

There's really no advantages at all. There's nothing to be gained by doing this. It's very uncomfortable, and just all around really awkward.

IMO, you shouldn't seek to purposefully impair yourself when there's no reason to do so... Doing it on purpose, rather than out of genuine inability to acquire a properly oriented guitar is rather immature.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well if hes going for a knock off he might not be as able to get his hands on a lefty version. also the knock might have a different neck profile that is more symetric.

either way. do what you want. if a flipped tele ends up scaring you away, try rondomusic.com they are great about keeping lefties in stock and they have some good teles there.

edit: after inspecting rondos site I have noticed that they have a left handed 7 string tele. DOOO IIIITTTTT
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Sep 19, 2010,
If you flip a Telecaster you'll have a lot of trouble reaching the higher frets. If you want a Tele, get a left-handed version.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley