I haven't heard or seen too much about these on this forum since they came out. I wondered if it was because of the spider curse or they just aren't that great.

I played one and thought it wasn't too bad for higher gain application. Note that I'm not too much into those genres myself but I know a good sound when I hear it. I noticed it got a bit fizzy when the gain was cranked too much but what high gain amp doesn't?

I came across this kids demo of the spider valve in which he is playing a epiphone. I know it doesn't sound like Tremonti's tone, but If there is any difference in quality between this tone and tremonti's I definitely don't hear it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVz5GzsPpwQ

In fact I actually prefer it. Take this live performance for example, his tone just sounds like a bunch of unarticulate buzzy nothingness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQujr7kTlU&feature=related

Sorry I'm not meaning to troll, just doing an honest comparison. I know there are obvious differences because it is a live performance, but that is no excuse for crappy tone.

I do want this thread to be productive so I'm just wondering, are the spider valves bad in your opinion?
the problem with the quality is because its live and not recorded properly.

the kid had a good tone because it was micd and recorded well.

i have a valve and it sounds great at low volumes(which the kid was playing at) and sounds terrible when you turn it up.

a spider valve WONT sound nearly as good as a mesa(thats what he was using right?) especially at high volumes.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
Even with the tubes?
Man, that is suckzorz.

Certainly doesn't make sense to me either
Quote by LolCatGuitar
Even with the tubes?
Man, that is suckzorz.

well its not a full tube amp, only the power amp is tube

its a hybrid amp
Quote by rickyj
well its not a full tube amp, only the power amp is tube

its a hybrid amp

No its got 12ax7s as well
Quote by patriotplayer90
No its got 12ax7s as well

12AX's are power amp tubes, bud
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I prefer the Vypyr Tubes to the Spider Valve, not just saying that because I own one. Tested them both out and the Spider just wasn't as good, and it's more expensive.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by patriotplayer90
Hopefully you don't own a tube amp

Sorry, mixed em up. But...

...wait, why the **** am I even in this thread?

NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON