Preemptive tl;dr: I have the flu. No meds. Remedies. Help.

So Pit, I have the flu. Like hardcore. I can't even stand up; I've been bedridden all day. Every single one of my joints is sore, even my fingers. I'm running a 103 temperature, coughing like a smoker, and my nose is completely closed up. I tried to walk down stairs, and I fell. It was fun.

Where was I? Oh yeah. It even burns when I close my eyes. I'm sitting here in a parka and my boxers because my torso is freezing and my legs are hot ( )

I don't have any meds, and I can't get to the doctor until Tuesday.

Any recommendations? I need help, Pit. I'm in rough shape.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Sleep, drink lots of water and try not to poo blood.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY, YOU GONNA DIE.

j/k the best you can do is get some rest. Make yourself some hot soup and rest thats the best you can do.
Enjoy it while you can. As crazy as it sounds... whenever I get sick my reception of music tends to be multiplied for some reason. The same might go for other things.
Sweat it out. Go under a bunch of sheets and go to sleep. It will be VERY hot. However, check your temperature occasionally and if it gets way too hot, stop.
Buckley's
Vitamin C a.k.a. orange juice, lots of it
Water
Pedialite

There ya go. Takes lots of everything, rest, drink tea in front of a fire. You should be good in no time.
I'd like to mention my girlfriend's brother had flu like symptoms, felt like death and had joint pains. Then it turned into more specifically hip pain. Then he collapsed, convulsed and found out he had Morganella Morgnii, a deadly bacillus type bacteria that almost killed him right there. So TS your muscles and joints really hurt, and you really feel like shit, and you collape, go see a doctor.
Quote by metalblaster
I'd like to mention my girlfriend's brother had flu like symptoms, felt like death and had joint pains. Then it turned into more specifically hip pain. Then he collapsed, convulsed and found out he had Morganella Morgnii, a deadly bacillus type bacteria that almost killed him right there. So TS your muscles and joints really hurt, and you really feel like shit, and you collape, go see a doctor.

Hmm. I had primarily hip pain earlier this morning, but it dispersed to just general, "everything hurts" pain.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Call up some of one of your friends/relatives and tell then to get you some medicine
Quote by PlayMadness
Preemptive tl;dr: I have the flu. No meds. Remedies. Help.

So Pit, I have the flu. Like hardcore. I can't even stand up; I've been bedridden all day. Every single one of my joints is sore, even my fingers. I'm running a 103 temperature, coughing like a smoker, and my nose is completely closed up. I tried to walk down stairs, and I fell. It was fun.

Where was I? Oh yeah. It even burns when I close my eyes. I'm sitting here in a parka and my boxers because my torso is freezing and my legs are hot ( )

I don't have any meds, and I can't get to the doctor until Tuesday.

Any recommendations? I need help, Pit. I'm in rough shape.

I laughed, 8/10.
Quote by PlayMadness
Hmm. I had primarily hip pain earlier this morning, but it dispersed to just general, "everything hurts" pain.

well if it gets worse and your temp goes through the roof, it wouldnt hurt to see a doc. i mean you prly dont have it cuz its really uncommon. but why not, least that can happen is him giving a prescrip for some kickass cold meds for free!!

well, depending on where youre at.

but for me its fo free!!
Drink water. I almost died 2 years ago from dehydration while I had the flu
Quote by metalblaster

Also, that's pretty scary.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Sep 18, 2010,
Doctor ASAP.

Other than that, rest up, lots of water/orange juice/ and maybe some soup if you can manage.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I would also take a cold shower if i were you. i do that when my temp gets high, works great.

FOCKING cold though.
Unfortunately the flu is a viral infection, which means it's unresponsive to antibiotics which are designed to help kill bacterial infections. Your going to have to let your body's immune system take care of this one.

All the doctor is going to do is tell you to drink fluids, get lots of rest, and maybe take some ibuprofen (advil) for joint pain and headaches.

Drink lots of orange juice too
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by mtforever
Unfortunately the flu is a viral infection, which means it's unresponsive to antibiotics which are designed to help kill bacterial infections. Your going to have to let your body's immune system take care of this one.

All the doctor is going to do is tell you to drink fluids, get lots of rest, and maybe take some ibuprofen (advil) for joint pain and headaches.

Drink lots of orange juice too

True. Viruses have to run their course. All you can do is alleviate the symptoms. Supporting your immune system will help.

Smart post, really, I totally forgot about that.
Honey and lemon, with a shot of whiskey.

And drink LOTS of water.