Out of curiosity/potential future use, how wide of a slot does a fret saw make in a fretboard? Oh, and about how deep? Preferably fairly exact, IE 1/16" or thereabouts(enough that it wouldn`t matter when you go to fret it). I have an idea, if the number is right, maybe....

Thanks,
Jake
Luna Phoenix, Kustom II bass amp, generic 15" PA speaker
"Magic Man", unknown old bass, mid 70`s Jap import

It`s my guitar, and if you don`t like it, well I don`t care if you like it now do I?
Depends on the kerf of your fretwire, though it doesn't really change much between each. This could be found on google in a couple seconds man. I'm all for helping people out, but were not your personal army, take the initiative to do some research and learn some stuff. If your not sure of what you read, then ask.

Ex. Stewmac's saw cut's a .023" slot for there fretwire. Took like 5 seconds. Not trying to be a dick, just saying.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Depends on the kerf of your fretwire, though it doesn't really change much between each. This could be found on google in a couple seconds man. I'm all for helping people out, but were not your personal army, take the initiative to do some research and learn some stuff. If your not sure of what you read, then ask.

Ex. Stewmac's saw cut's a .023" slot for there fretwire. Took like 5 seconds. Not trying to be a dick, just saying.

just to add to your last part: i may be wrong, but i believe the saw is supposed to be .015, but it actually cuts .023. something to consider if you decide to get a saw elsewhere (which i love even stewmac's cheapest one, it's well worth it).

like i said, if i got that wrong, please correct me.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
"The corrosion-resistant 10" Sheffield steel blade has .023" width of cut"
"Our fretwire tang is sized to fit a 0.023" (0.58mm) fret slot width."

Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40

I was unaware it would be so easy to find. I apologize for being lazy. Also, I thought someone might know it off of the top of their heads(no particular reasoning going on there).

Again, sorry.
Jake
Luna Phoenix, Kustom II bass amp, generic 15" PA speaker
"Magic Man", unknown old bass, mid 70`s Jap import

It`s my guitar, and if you don`t like it, well I don`t care if you like it now do I?