So, if this isn't the right place please point me in the right direction, for I don't post much, mainly browse.
Recently, I've been wanting to get into playing lead blues guitar, but I don't know where to start
Are there any particular techniques/scales I should have down ?

And can anyone recommend me some good riffs/licks to start with?
Yamaha Dreadnaught
Agile Al-2000
Vox VT15
look up the 12bar blues
also the pentatonic and blues scales
those are good starting places for blues
As far as riffs, for current check out some of Joe Walsh's (solo and with the Eagles), Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, and of course Stevie Ray Vaughan. For older (which you need to learn to help get the feel for the blues) BB King, Albert King, Robert Johnson, Freddie King, and many many more. Listen to their music learn their styles then you can create your own.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Don't worry about technique so much. As far as scales go, you want to have the minor pentatonic scale down very well. By adding the b5 to that scale, you'll arrive at the blues scale, which is the mainstay of the blues. To all intents and purposes, minor pentatonic is the most important, but major pentatonic is quite important as well. You'll want to use the CAGED system to learn the scales effectively across the fretboard. Once you have the minor pentatonic down well, add the 2nd and 6th degree to get the dorian mode, and likewise add the 4th and b7 degree to the major pentatonic to get the mixolydian mode. These are virtually all the scales you need in the blues.

You'll want to learn how to play 7th chords (and maybe even 13ths) particularly the minor 7th and dominant 7th chord. Furthermore you'll want to learn how to play the 12 bar blues, and a few rhythmic variations of it. As far as licks and riffs go, just listen to blues guitarists, and pick out licks by ear, which should be relatively easy. You can also listen to your favorite rock artists, many of them use recycled blues licks.

Finally, watch all videos involving Keith Wyatt on youtube. He is by far the best teacher when it comes to the blues. Heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOK2NVLdDk0

Good luck
Thank you all for responses.
I didn't expect this much information this quick, but i really appreciate it.
Yamaha Dreadnaught
Agile Al-2000
Vox VT15
Blues scale is an obvious one,12 bar blues,go to guitarworld's dvd site and there is a dvd titled How to play blues and blues rock i bought it great $15 spent
Donnell McKnignt
Blend major and minor pentatonic, get to know all the different fingerings of the blues/minor pentatonic, learn double stops.

And most importantly, GET YOUR PHRASING RIGHT.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Fairieswearsock
Don't worry about technique so much. As far as scales go, you want to have the minor pentatonic scale down very well. By adding the b5 to that scale, you'll arrive at the blues scale, which is the mainstay of the blues. To all intents and purposes, minor pentatonic is the most important, but major pentatonic is quite important as well. You'll want to use the CAGED system to learn the scales effectively across the fretboard. Once you have the minor pentatonic down well, add the 2nd and 6th degree to get the dorian mode, and likewise add the 4th and b7 degree to the major pentatonic to get the mixolydian mode. These are virtually all the scales you need in the blues.

You'll want to learn how to play 7th chords (and maybe even 13ths) particularly the minor 7th and dominant 7th chord. Furthermore you'll want to learn how to play the 12 bar blues, and a few rhythmic variations of it. As far as licks and riffs go, just listen to blues guitarists, and pick out licks by ear, which should be relatively easy. You can also listen to your favorite rock artists, many of them use recycled blues licks.

Finally, watch all videos involving Keith Wyatt on youtube. He is by far the best teacher when it comes to the blues. Heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOK2NVLdDk0

Good luck

I doubt that anyone that understood what you said, needs your advice. It's way over a beginners head. Just an observation.
Quote by rflink
I doubt that anyone that understood what you said, needs your advice. It's way over a beginners head. Just an observation.

dick
Quote by Fairieswearsock
dick

Unnecessary, man. *reported*
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Unnecessary, man. *reported*

Lmao, thanks man, you just made my day. I can kind of imagine you as a little six year old tattletale, running to mommy, pigtailes and all. Lol, little drunk now, but all's okay. Sorry about calling you a dick other person, but you shouldn't insult me, I'm sure that anyone who understood me CAN benefit from my advice.
listen to blues artists for licks/inspiration. and as for techniques, make sure you have bending and vibrato down pretty well before you even think about working on speed.
Quote by Fairieswearsock
Lmao, thanks man, you just made my day. I can kind of imagine you as a little six year old tattletale, running to mommy, pigtailes and all. Lol, little drunk now, but all's okay. Sorry about calling you a dick other person, but you shouldn't insult me, I'm sure that anyone who understood me CAN benefit from my advice.

... criticising your teaching style isn't an insult. I only saw one person acting like a 6 year old.

Consider yourself warned by mommy.