The band I'm in has a show coming up, we have a 10 to 12 song set to pick out, its mostly High School age Teens, i need some upbeat songs that we can play, any suggestions would be appreciated
Gear
C-1 FR Hellraiser
DXMG Dinky
Epiphone LP Special II
B-52 AT-212
40 Watt Fender G-Dec
Pod x3 Live
and random odds and ends
What kind of music does your band play?
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
What's the main music "scene" in your school/area? The predominant scene at my school is hardcore/metalcore/metal/etc...

Just play songs under the genre that most kids will know and enjoy.

Either that, for find 10-12 songs EVERYBODY knows. (Smoke on the Water, Stairway to Heaven, Voodoo Child, Enter Sandman, etc).
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
What's the main music "scene" in your school/area? The predominant scene at my school is hardcore/metalcore/metal/etc...

Just play songs under the genre that most kids will know and enjoy.

Either that, for find 10-12 songs EVERYBODY knows. (Smoke on the Water, Stairway to Heaven, Voodoo Child, Enter Sandman, etc).

I agree with Mopy. The audience is likely to have varied music tastes, if you play stuff everyone knows and likes it will go down quite well.
walking on sunshine - katrina and the waves
enter sandman - metallica
bad romance - lady gaga
all star - smash mouth
die die my darling - the misfits
octopus garden - the beatles
dont stop believin - journey
beer - reel big fish
cant stop - red hot chili peppers
hotel california - the eagles

just suggestions here but definately go with some of the ones on this list like gaga. you may not like it but it is a crowd pleaser
Dick+strings= owww
my band took a few top 100 pop songs, and took the chords and lyrics, and pretty much remade them with a new feel. We've successfully done "Just the way you are" by bruno mars, and it sounded really nice, and alot of people who loved the original really liked it.