Hi guys, which is more versatile and would give me a good sound for punk and rock? A highway tele or a epiphone les pauls silverburst? They are roughly around the same price. So im not sure which one I should get.
I'd say the LP, mainly because it has two humbuckers versus the teles two single-coil. If you want versatility, I've always found Les Pauls to be the way to go.

Not say Telecasters aren't damn good guitars. If you really want one, I'd suggest going with the '72 Deluxe anyways. You still get that great tele sound but you get twin humbuckers as well.
I'd say the Tele cause it's easier to play. Totally different sounds, however. Research both thoroughly before choosing!
The Tele is the better guitar and the better value, I'll tell you that much.

They're both very different sounds and feels though.

Is this a first guitar, or upgrade? If so, what are you upgrading from? Why don't you like it? What amp are you running it through? What budget are we working with? What are some specific bands whose tone you like?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
The Tele is the better guitar and the better value, I'll tell you that much.

They're both very different sounds and feels though.

Is this a first guitar, or upgrade? If so, what are you upgrading from? Why don't you like it? What amp are you running it through? What budget are we working with? What are some specific bands whose tone you like?

Basically this.

But I also suggest a 72' Tele Deluxe. It's way more versatile than a Highway one tele.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
this would be an upgrade from a Yamaha pacifica. I'm running it through a 20x cube which i plan to upgrade later, since its working well for me right now. Hmm, anyone know where I can look at the 72 deluxe telecaster? I'm from Canada and long and mcquade doesn't seem to have it. I like sum 41's tone and I think MCR is similar to it. I also like Oasis's tone which I think the telecaster would be good for.
Pacifica's aren't bad. Again, what exactly don't you like about it? You're listing bands, and saying you enjoy their tones. Go for an amp upgrade first.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?