I recently had an employee of one of my most trusted music stores tell me that G&L Tribute series guitars were pretty cheaply made, and had some quality issues. This was disappointing to me, since I've tried one before and I really liked it, and the price is pretty attractive too.

So what can you guys say about the quality of G&L Tribute series guitars vs. anything else in the price range?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Uh... G&L make some damn fine guitars. I don't know what that employee was smoking. Maybe he has a vendetta against them?

Even Leo Fender said that the G&L's were some of the best instruments he ever made.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Uh... G&L make some damn fine guitars. I don't know what that employee was smoking. Maybe he has a vendetta against them?

Even Leo Fender said that the G&L's were some of the best instruments he ever made.

Yeah, he said great things about the regular ones, but I'm talking about the cheaper Tribute series. Like the ones in the $600-$800 price range.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Can't say anything about their guitars but their basses are kind of win.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Even the Tribute series is really nice. I still prefer Fenders, but G&L doesn't put its name on just anything.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
For $600 it'll still be better than a MIM Fender around the same price. G&L is some good stuff.