I just thought I would throw some pictures here and get some feedback on my final product. The bridge single coil was swapped for a '59, all the accessories were swapped to black, and the neck was switched for a '91 MIM Fender neck and Fender tuners. If nothing else, these are some wonderful pictures and if you can guess the photographer (fellow UG-er and GBC lurker) you can have an e-cookie. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Sep 18, 2010,
Nice guitar, but your photographer needs to work on his technique and style. The middle shot is so out-of-focus that I would not use it. The last shot also has some focus issues and the outlet is in the shot. I realize he's probably not professional, but wanted to point out some things that can be improved.

Edit: Also, with that style of shot, I'd remove the strap. It just cleans up the photo a little better.
what kind of body was it? looks really nice.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Ready for this? A Xaviere 870 body
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
isnt that what GFS sells?

how is the body as far as the construction and finishing? this has become relevant to my interests.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
^ Agreed.
Luna Phoenix, Kustom II bass amp, generic 15" PA speaker
"Magic Man", unknown old bass, mid 70`s Jap import

It`s my guitar, and if you don`t like it, well I don`t care if you like it now do I?
Yeah thats GFS. The construction and finishing is really impressive. Three piece body (alder I believe, which some like, some don't) and its 3 solid layers from what I could tell when I had all the guts ripped out, which is a very nice surprise. The finish is gorgeous, blew my expectations away.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Quote by KG6_Steven
Nice guitar, but your photographer needs to work on his technique and style. The middle shot is so out-of-focus that I would not use it. The last shot also has some focus issues and the outlet is in the shot. I realize he's probably not professional, but wanted to point out some things that can be improved.

Edit: Also, with that style of shot, I'd remove the strap. It just cleans up the photo a little better.

Lol. I took these in under 10 minutes so he wouldn't be posting cell phone shots of his new build. Not my proudest shots by any means but I think they capture the color better then his cell phone

Also, this guitar was really fun to see come together. Sounds wonderful as well. Really liked the GFS Vintage 59 in the bridge. "This is a great pickup- vintage voiced but Big, Bold and VERY warm and I can tell you these CAN HANG with the boutique boys." lulz.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Two things I worry about: Why do the high and low E intonation screws hang out like bad hemorrhoids? And are the height adjustment screws not uncomfortably tall?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Two things I worry about: Why do the high and low E intonation screws hang out like bad hemorrhoids? And are the height adjustment screws not uncomfortably tall?

Based on my time with the guitar, the intonation needed set and the fender neck was substantially thinner then the xaviere one resulting in some slammed saddles. A pretty heavy shimming will probably be needed to get them up higher.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
So that Xaviere body is Fender spec? Or was there any modification to the neck pocket?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by ianae86
Based on my time with the guitar, the intonation needed set and the fender neck was substantially thinner then the xaviere one resulting in some slammed saddles. A pretty heavy shimming will probably be needed to get them up higher.

Could the saddle screws be ground down or replaced with shorter ones? I hate playing on guitars where the screws dig into my wrist.

...and I don't think intonation screws are ever supposed to jut out like that.

But it does look good, I gotta say.
Well I believe some more shimming is in order and some high grit sandpaper may be taken to the saddle screws to get rid of whatever is hanging over after the shimmin'.

The intonation is still proving to be a problem, but I think that it will be fixable and the screws won't have to hang like that if i do everything right.

Thanks though for all of the positive comments and crit; and it sounds just as good as it looks! My Les Paul is becoming heavier and less used by the day...

to everyone!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam