Hey there, recently I decided to paint my girlfriends guitar to be a little more like mine.
It was beat up since I bought it used, played it for a year and gave it to her.
Here is the guitars journey and how pretty it ended up in the end.
I think it looks great!
Sorry about the big pics, kept them big for detail.

Synyster Special
Schecter PT 30th Anniversary
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter Synyster Custom (finish defect)
Schecter C-1+
sorry wouldn't fit in one message

What do you think? I think it looks awesome with the bat inlays
What a fun project!
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
I am really impressed by your crafstmanship.

I'm just at a complete loss as to why you chose such a ****** to idolize.....
this looks pretty great looks proffsional
if i saw it i wouldnt know you did it
good job!
i like it
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
impressive. looks very professional. you should have a little job painting peoples guitars, for a certain price, at home. or get a legit job painting guitars

...unless you already do one of those
Quote by Guitar Sushi
I am really impressed by your crafstmanship.

I'm just at a complete loss as to why you chose such a ****** to idolize.....

Cause I have liked Avenged Sevenfold going on 6 years now. No need to hate :P What influences me is different than what does to you, or else there would be no difference in music, we would all play the same songs and like the same artists :P

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
Yeah dude, im gonna be really honest I could give a crap less about A7x, but this is really sweet dude.

I bet your girl is pretty impressed by this to, as you guys have matching guitars.

When you two break up, it'd be unwise of you to let her keep that, its really good craftsmanship.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by olix95
impressive. looks very professional. you should have a little job painting peoples guitars, for a certain price, at home. or get a legit job painting guitars

...unless you already do one of those

Nope. I literally said. Courtney I am painting your guitar.
So I took it, sanded it, painted it, messed it up cause I used enamel paint and laquer polyurethane which made all the paint peel up. Started over, redid it again, used clear coat instead and it looks even better now cause I got a darker red (notice the 2 pictures that show the stripes one is like orange and one is more red. And now it looks great I should paint people's guitars but its going on winter and I can't paint in the cold

I plan on building my own custom guitar next summer though ^^
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
Last edited by A7XSchecter6661 at Sep 19, 2010,
don't really LIKE the paint job, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look very clean.

good work!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
don't really LIKE the paint job, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look very clean.

good work!

Thanks what you don't like I do and what you like I don't most likely.
Kinda like I hate the look of Gibsons/Jacksons/Ibanez body styles and most guitar paint jobs.
I am impressed and would love to make a hobby out of this.
A guy on the Schecter forum wants to send me a guitar and have me paint it :P
Could become a fun little side job
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
looks good. i kinda like it more than the original, but maybe just because I dont like Synyster...

But good job!
Quote by AJSaw
looks good. i kinda like it more than the original, but maybe just because I dont like Synyster...

But good job!

I think the bats give it a very nice look. Not just your normal guitar, more like a mix.
I wish I had a Synyster standard neck for the head, but the bat inlays and some invader pickups. Then it would look cool!
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
Last edited by A7XSchecter6661 at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by A7XSchecter6661
I think the bats give it a very nice look. Not just your normal guitar, more like a mix.
I wish I had a Synyster standard neck for the head, but the bat inlays and some invader pickups. Then it would look cool!

I agree...kinda
I dont really love the look of the invaders, but they sound good. I prefer the "EMG" look...But the headstock shape is pretty cool on Synysters.
Quote by AJSaw
I agree...kinda
I dont really love the look of the invaders, but they sound good. I prefer the "EMG" look...But the headstock shape is pretty cool on Synysters.

Invaders with red hex bolts would look awesome!
Other guitars have the same head as the Syn guitars.
Just looked it up, its the Schecter Devil and Scorpion.

Wouldn't mind finding a neck off one of the scorpions!
Look at those inlays!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/schecter%20scorpion/wildsdog/Scorpion.jpg
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
Good job, man... I like it just like it is, no changes necessary. I think the Syn necks are a little busy looking, so this is more my thing.

I wonder- why does the body have binding underneath an opaque paint job?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Good job, man... I like it just like it is, no changes necessary. I think the Syn necks are a little busy looking, so this is more my thing.

I wonder- why does the body have binding underneath an opaque paint job?

You mean the black trim around the edge of the guitar shown in picture 3 or 4 I think?
My guess is since the bodys of most of schecters models (damien,c1,hellraiser) and such look identical.
So they must be used for all of them and the binding is on some of the other models
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
i saw you live in new york. i want to ask, What City? i may come to you for a paint job someday
Yeah, there's binding on plenty of them (though most of them aren't black, IIRC), but I'd think it made more sense to not have all bodies go through that step in the process what with production lines being so optimized and all.

Hey, BTW- don't apologize for large pictures. I crave large pictures, and think people generally should hand out written apologies signed in blood for providing webcam pics or 1st generation camera phone pics instead.
Quote by olix95
i saw you live in new york. i want to ask, What City? i may come to you for a paint job someday

I live in Binghamton

Quote by Pikka Bird
Yeah, there's binding on plenty of them (though most of them aren't black, IIRC), but I'd think it made more sense to not have all bodies go through that step in the process what with production lines being so optimized and all.

Hey, BTW- don't apologize for large pictures. I crave large pictures, and think people generally should hand out written apologies signed in blood for providing webcam pics or 1st generation camera phone pics instead.

Only problem with large pics is its hard to find where the text on the page is :P
They aren't too bad though
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+
Quote by A7XSchecter6661
I live in Binghamton

thats like 100 miles away, but not that far
You did do a good job painting it. The design is pretty cool too.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
100 miles is nothin! :P
Thanks for the compliments guys
Synyster Special
Schecter Damien-6

Sold:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Schecter C-1+