i pretty sure its a martin d of sorts with a soundhole pup in it but does anyone know the exact model that had two pickguards?

Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
hmm ok thanks, what would a top and bottom pickguard do for a rhythm player who uses his fingers?
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

I'm fairly certain that is a Martin model. I know that I've seen one that came with two pick guards on it, though I don't think they were exactly like that; so it might still be an after market addition.

As for what that might do for a guitarist, I'm not sure. I suppose if you have a tendency of hitting the guitar above the sound hole with your pick, it would stop you from eating away at the finish. But it's not going to provide any distinct advantage to my understanding.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
so you think getting a hd-28v with an lr baggs will hit his tone perfectly? unless its a d-18 but i know 28's are better for folk so im guessing a 28.
roland AC90

Well, a lot of times with acoustic pick ups, the tone that you get is determined more by the mix and the electronics than the guitar itself. Where you'll notice a difference would be if you decided to mic the guitar. While it might still have a similar tone, I do firmly believe that the hd-28 has a different tone than the d-18.

But, if you get a decent enough pick-up and a good mix, you should find a tone that you're happy with. While there is nothing wrong with aiming for a tone of one of your heroes, I wouldn't try to emulate it exactly as you hear it. You might find that for the music you play, it isn't EXACTLY what you want out of your guitar. Although, I could also be wrong and it may be exactly what you want.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
so do you think a 28 with rosewood would be better over a d-18 with mahogany
roland AC90

You can't tell what it is because you can't see the back wood. Its most likely either a D-28 or D-18. Looks like a Martin pick guard to me. Just two of them
Quote by Skagasm
so do you think a 28 with rosewood would be better over a d-18 with mahogany

It's personal preference. I have mahogany and love the balanced sound. It doesn't have quite the bass as rosewood and rosewood tends to not be as balanced.

I have a rosewood back guitar with an adirondack spruce top that is much more balanced and love that guitar even more. Can't find that with Sitka. It has the bass and balance.

Depends on what you like.
thanks guys!
roland AC90